Jump to content
Broncofan

IND QB Andrew Luck Missing Week 1 (Expected), Still Not Throwing Yet At Practice, Unclear Timeline

Recommended Posts

domepatrol91    201
2 hours ago, Starless said:

Start Brissett.
What do they have to lose at this point? Tolzien sucks. The division looks like it could be up for grabs. 

It makes no sense to me to trade away a former 1st round pick that still has a good bit of untapped potential for a backup QB that you're not even gonna start when you need one. I just don't get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Starless    32
Just now, domepatrol91 said:

It makes no sense to me to trade away a former 1st round pick that still has a good bit of untapped potential for a backup QB that you're not even gonna start when you need one. I just don't get it.

If it were still Grigson running things over there, I'd say 'Colts gonna Colt' but I guess now we'll wait and see what Pagano does next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OleXmad    71

Colts will probably wait until october for him to return, realize they're 0-4. Say screw it and let luck get fully healthy for next season. 

Plus it gives the current GM an excuse to fire Pagano and bring in his own guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The LBC    136
2 hours ago, OleXmad said:

Plus it gives the current GM an excuse to fire Pagano and bring in his own guy.

With a sane owner, I'd say, "Sure, that sounds reasonable."  But Irsay isn't a sane owner.  This is a guy who perpetually thinks his team is in contention even when they're not.  There's a reason why Grigson was enabled as much as he was, despite results.  Jim Irsay is an owner who was spoiled by having two of the best QB prospects in the last two generations fall into his lap, and doesn't seem to recognize that there's more to building a team than, pardon the pun, luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
titans0021    207

Without Luck, the Colts are really, really, really, really bad. Say he misses the first month. The defense looks terrible, the offensive line is a sieve and you're sitting at 0-4. Do you consider just calling it a lost year? Obviously Pagano, Ballard, Irsay and co. won't actually say it out loud, but with an allegedly strong QB group coming into the 2018 draft, the franchise as a whole might be better off tanking.

Hope you can get a king's ransom for the top three pick that you're almost a lock to get. Get multiple firsts and multiple seconds and invest hard in the offensive line and defense and give Luck a full year and a half to get completely healthy and surround him with at least a borderline competent team.

With Irsay calling the shots, I'm going to say there's roughly a 1% chance that Luck isn't on the field the second he says he's ready. But long-term, you're not winning anything this year with this supporting cast. See if you have anything in Brissett. If you do, there's another potential trade chip that can be used to fill the plethora of holes on the roster.

If he wasn't on the Colts, I'd almost feel bad when he's thrown into the fire with a lame duck coach and the team sitting at 0-6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Iamcanadian    16

It is truly sad, but you have to wonder if Luck will ever be the same player he was before the injury??? When it takes this long to recover, you just know that he may well be totally done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
titans0021    207
2 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

It is truly sad, but you have to wonder if Luck will ever be the same player he was before the injury??? When it takes this long to recover, you just know that he may well be totally done.

Not really. The Colts have just terribly mishandled the situation ever since he first hurt his shoulder in 2015. Nothing I've read has indicated that it's something that's going to prevent him from having a long career, the Colts just botched everything and then pushed the idea that he'd be ready for camp and the regular season when they really had no idea what his timeline was, leading to more confusion around his status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1ForTheThumb    46
10 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

It makes no sense to me to trade away a former 1st round pick that still has a good bit of untapped potential for a backup QB that you're not even gonna start when you need one. I just don't get it.

I think he'll start this week (unless I missed a post game announcement). He just got traded there and probably hardly knew the playbook. 

The Colts are going to be terrible this year, even with Luck. Grigson ran that team into the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stallyns    45
12 hours ago, The LBC said:

 There's a reason why Grigson was enabled as much as he was, despite results. 

Irsay was going to fire Grigson (signed through 2016) last year and keep Pagano (contract expired after 2015) but Pagano fought for Grigson to stay and both got extended through 2019. Say what you want about Irsay but if Grigson and Pagano had such a horrible relationship I wonder why he went to bat for him as he did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shanedorf    53
2 hours ago, stallyns said:

Irsay was going to fire Grigson (signed through 2016) last year and keep Pagano (contract expired after 2015) but Pagano fought for Grigson to stay and both got extended through 2019. Say what you want about Irsay but if Grigson and Pagano had such a horrible relationship I wonder why he went to bat for him as he did. 

Because Pagano knew that the only GM on the planet who would for sure keep him, was Grigson. Every other new GM would have dumped Pagano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stallyns    45
26 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Because Pagano knew that the only GM on the planet who would for sure keep him, was Grigson. Every other new GM would have dumped Pagano

Ballard didn't have a choice in firing Pagano this year, so no GM would've had that option last year either. Plus Pagano was getting an extension (i.e. guaranteed contract) to stay before the new GM was hired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TitanLegend    70

The Colts let him play with his injured shoulder and let him play with a concussion. They don't care about his health and will throw him on the field the very second they can. Feel bad for the guy honestly. Team clearly doesn't have his health as a priority of theirs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stallyns    45
5 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

The Colts let him play with his injured shoulder and let him play with a concussion. They don't care about his health and will throw him on the field the very second they can. Feel bad for the guy honestly. Team clearly doesn't have his health as a priority of theirs.

I understand losing to a QB with a concussion is tough to deal with but it's been almost 2 years now. 

As for the shoulder he was part of the decision making in not having shoulder surgery last offseason so trying to make it sound like the team is alone in the blame for his going out last year is ridiculous.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TitanLegend    70
Just now, stallyns said:

I understand losing to a QB with a concussion is tough to deal with but it's been almost 2 years now. 

As for the shoulder he was part of the decision making in not having shoulder surgery last offseason so trying to make it sound like the team is alone in the blame for his going out last year is ridiculous.  

Wouldn't have mattered if he played or not in the rest of that game, we lost it, Colts didn't do much to win it in the 2nd half, so doesn't really have anything to do with what I said.

They let him play through a concussion none the less. Not sure how that's acceptable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TitanSlim    31

This pretty much all but guarantees he's going to be out for at least a month. I doubt he's going to play against the Browns and, for his sake, I certainly hope they don't bring him back against that Seattle front 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×