IND QB Andrew Luck Missing Week 1 (Expected), Still Not Throwing Yet At Practice, Unclear Timeline

Broncofan

Luck is definitely not playing this season. If he's not allowed to even practice throwing the ball by mid october, there's no one he's starting this year. This is definitely not the Manning years 2.0 like everyone expected (not that it's Luck's fault at all).

13 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Meh they weren't going anywhere even with Luck Healthy 

I don't agree with this.  I think with Luck we'd be favorites to win this division of mediocrity.

so might as well IR him and let the season sink into oblivion and try and re-tool the roster during the off-season. Oh and fire Chuck pagano.

Agree with this 100% (particularly the last part)

12 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

I don't agree with this.  I think with Luck we'd be favorites to win this division of mediocrity.

I definitely disagree.  They're 2-4 with their two wins coming over the winless Browns and 49ers.  In their other 4 games, they've been outscored by 144-62.  Hell, in their two wins they've won by a combined 6 points.  This team is worse than their record indicates.  With the way Deshaun Watson is playing, if Houston had anything resembling a healthy pass rush they'd be the heavy favorites at this point.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I definitely disagree.  They're 2-4 with their two wins coming over the winless Browns and 49ers.  In their other 4 games, they've been outscored by 144-62.  Hell, in their two wins they've won by a combined 6 points.  This team is worse than their record indicates.  With the way Deshaun Watson is playing, if Houston had anything resembling a healthy pass rush they'd be the heavy favorites at this point.

Record and scores mean nothing to me without our franchise QB.  

But if you want to play that game, I'll point out that they've been leading in the 3rd quarter in 5/6 games (only time that wasnt the case was against the Rams with Scott "The Abomination" Tolzien playing).  Then the offense stalls, the D gets tired, and the wheels come off.  Although the stats don't show it, the D has been playing significantly better than it did last year.

Luck has taken similar-caliber rosters to 11 wins three times.  I don't think we'd have any trouble winning 9, maybe 10 games if he were healthy.  That could take this division for sure.

1 minute ago, bananabucket said:

Record and scores mean nothing to me without our franchise QB.  

But if you want to play that game, I'll point out that they've been leading in the 3rd quarter in 5/6 games (only time that wasnt the case was against the Rams with Scott "The Abomination" Tolzien playing).  Then the offense stalls, the D gets tired, and the wheels come off.  Although the stats don't show it, the D has been playing significantly better than it did last year.

Luck has taken similar-caliber rosters to 11 wins three times.  I don't think we'd have any trouble winning 9, maybe 10 games if he were healthy.  That could take this division for sure.

Andrew Luck doesn't fix your massive defensive issues.  At all.  They're a .500, maybe slightly above .500 team with Luck because of their division.  At this point, you IR Luck and chalk it up to a lost season.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Andrew Luck doesn't fix your massive defensive issues.  At all.  They're a .500, maybe slightly above .500 team with Luck because of their division.  At this point, you IR Luck and chalk it up to a lost season.

So our difference of opinion only amounts to one game lol.  But yes I agree witht the second part.  I've already emotionally checked out of this season.  I just want to see the young guys play improve.

13 hours ago, Malik said:

Luck is definitely not playing this season. If he's not allowed to even practice throwing the ball by mid october, there's no one he's starting this year. This is definitely not the Manning years 2.0 like everyone expected (not that it's Luck's fault at all).

He has been practicing/throwing the ball for two weeks. Just not working with the ones. The reason he was shut down this week was because of some soreness in the shoulder. Got a cortisone shot and now rest.

Technically they haven’t confirmed that it’s a week of rest but it’s definitely a minimum  week rest. 

Archived