Bye Week Review - Redball's Redemption?

Texas_OutLaw7

This should be a fairly simple question - is there anything Jason could do to warrant a contract extension?

• Miss The Playoffs
  • Make the Playoffs, lose round 1.
  • Make it to Division Play.
  • Make it to the Conference Championship Game.
  • Make it to the Super Bowl.
  • Win it all.

Independent of how you answer the above, would you like to see him retained in some front-office capacity? Even if that comes at the expense Will McClay?

For me ---- Super Bowl or bust

Reality and Jones'  --- a 10 win season and a playoff win. 

If I owned the Denver Broncos, when I fire John Elway at the end of the season, my first GM offer would be to Redball.  That said and as much as I like the potential of Redball the GM, he fails here as HC, he has to go period. Regardless, WM has earned his stripes in the FO. He is, imo, untouchable.

Weds to make it to NFC Title game. Needs to prove he can make it past the divisional round. In his tenure Here so far he has not been able to do so. This is the most talented team we have had in years and we barely sit above .500.

when it comes to the GM side of it, is our talent acquisition and roster building more Garrett or is it Will McClay? 

Its clear. If he wins a WC game and loses the divisional he stays. He goes If he has a first round bye and loses the divisional. He stays if he wins just 1 playoff game. But if he gets slaughtered in said divisional round he goes. If he wins WC, and keeps the divisional close, he stays. Crystal clear. 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Its clear. If he wins a WC game and loses the divisional he stays. He goes If he has a first round bye and loses the divisional. He stays if he wins just 1 playoff game. But if he gets slaughtered in said divisional round he goes. If he wins WC, and keeps the divisional close, he stays. Crystal clear. 

I disagree. I'd say anything less than a NFC Championship game appearance means Garrett is gone. As he should be.

Now, maybe the Jones's work in a "promotion" to some front office capacity instead of outright firing him if that's something Garrett would be interested in - but I wouldn't do it at the expense of McClay. 

8 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

well, not quite, jimmy would say he walked out...

That’d be the slant here too, seeing as Garrett’s contract is up.

We would obviously re-sign him though. Jerry would feel completely vindicated and gladly win 8.5 games a year for another decade.