Week 8 GDT - Raiders at Texans

agarcia34

Texans are a good team with a well-balanced offense. Hyde and Johnson have been an excellent one-two punch for the Texans.

Texans have a top 10 run defense. Pass defense is not the best. 

If Williams is good to go this might be the game where you ask Carr to do a little more then what you would usually ask. Williams and Waller should have a clear advantage.

Josh Jacobs's shoulder issue is most likely gonna be something that he's gonna have to deal with until the offseason. It's just about managing the pain. Saw a tweet right now saying they don't see Jacobs at practice.

I am more worried about Hopkins and Stills.  Thankfully Fuller is probably not going to play.  Watson could have a big game if we can not get after him.  I am not to concerned with their run game or our ability to run.  We need to keep their passing game in check or it will be back to back huge games for opposing QBs.  I predict that Watson is a top 5 QB stat wise after this week and the outcome is dependent on TOs.

20 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Texans are a good team with a well-balanced offense. Hyde and Johnson have been an excellent one-two punch for the Texans.

Texans have a top 10 run defense. Pass defense is not the best. 

If Williams is good to go this might be the game where you ask Carr to do a little more then what you would usually ask. Williams and Waller should have a clear advantage.

Josh Jacobs's shoulder issue is most likely gonna be something that he's gonna have to deal with until the offseason. It's just about managing the pain. Saw a tweet right now saying they don't see Jacobs at practice.

Their pass defense sucks and their secondary is banged up. Carr is going to have a similar performance to last week, minus the TO's, for us to win the game. Luckily Williams should be back and Zay Jones should be making his debut so we'll have more at WR. 

Hopefully, Jacobs is good to go but I'd prefer that he gets fewer touches this week since he's banged up and we don't want him to miss significant time. We need to get a bigger backup RB before the deadline. 

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I am more worried about Hopkins and Stills.  Thankfully Fuller is probably not going to play.  Watson could have a big game if we can not get after him.  I am not to concerned with their run game or our ability to run.  We need to keep their passing game in check or it will be back to back huge games for opposing QBs.  I predict that Watson is a top 5 QB stat wise after this week and the outcome is dependent on TOs.

They have one of the worst OL in football. We need to get after Watson to have a chance to win the game. And if we can't generate any pass rush this week it's pretty telling about how bad our pass rush really is. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They have one of the worst OL in football. We need to get after Watson to have a chance to win the game. And if we can't generate any pass rush this week it's pretty telling about how bad our pass rush really is. 

We are also are ranked 28th in sacks so it is a broken dam vs fish swimming up stream.

34-21 Texans imo. 

That front seven is very good and they will limit Jacobs. Secondary is trash. Can Carr go bonkers? I have my doubts. 

Also we need to gets lots of pressure which probably won’t happen. As bad as their OL is, I trust their OL more than our pass rush. We probably get two sacks when five is the magic number here. 

Being on the road just makes all the more tougher as well. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Raiders need this win to keep pace for a playoff run. I'll give them a W due to the emotional edge of losing Willie Brown this week. They win it for him. 

#RIP24

Do they make another goal line stand with 10 men like the did with Al?

that would be pretty awesome.