Week 8 GDT - Raiders at Texans

agarcia34

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I know you guys want a defensive trade but unless he’s a young guy that will play at a high level for us for at least five years I want no part of it.  Very unlikely we make the playoffs. Build through the draft. 

Who available would you be on board with?

3 minutes ago, Totty said:

Who available would you be on board with?

For a 1st that’s a realistic trade? No one. No to Yannick. No to Adams, too similar to Abram. Adams for a 1st isn’t realistic anyways. Big Cat? Pass. Feel you can get similar production for much cheaper in the draft. 

This isn’t a playoff team, no need to risk the future. I’d be patient and continue to build.

were getting Abram back,Have tons of cap space and have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. Keep grinding and building towards next season. That’s the benefit of having a coach locked in. We don’t have to make rash decisions to win NOW. 

Edited by Geezy
  • Like 2

I’d give a 3rd for Kerrigan, despite being 30. Redskins would be dumb to do that though. I’ve always viewed Kerrigan as one  of the most underrated rushers in the league. 

Other than that, there is no trade I really desire. Build through the draft. 

Two 1sts, and we have three thirds and can easily turn two of those into a 2nd if we want. 

Can also spend some money in FA. I really want AJ Green. Yeah his injury history is worrisome but he is such a beast. 

The rare chance Yannick gets to FA, I’d throw the farm at him as well. I would under no circumstances give a 1st Rounder for Yannick but like I said before, as a FA, I’m aggressively pursuing him. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’d give a 3rd for Kerrigan, despite being 30. Redskins would be dumb to do that though. I’ve always viewed Kerrigan as one  of the most underrated rushers in the league. 

Other than that, there is no trade I really desire. Build through the draft. 

Two 1sts, and we have three thirds and can easily turn two of those into a 2nd if we want. 

Can also spend some money in FA. I really want AJ Green. Yeah his injury history is worrisome but he is such a beast. 

The rare chance Yannick gets to FA, I’d throw the farm at him as well. I would under no circumstances give a 1st Rounder for Yannick but like I said before, as a FA, I’m aggressively pursuing him. 

Skins Bengals aren't trading anybody. Front offices to dumb to realize they gotta rebuild 

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

We’re on the brink of some good things. A lot of guys choose to focus on the negatives but there are a ton of good things going on with this team. Offense is another WR away from being really good. Gruden has developed an identity on offense behind the OL and Jacobs. Carr has played well, were not asking him to put the team on his shoulders and win games but he’s managing the offense Mixing in some big time throws and keeping us in games, I hope we stick with him, to be honest. Can’t wait for Zay Jones to get up to speed, I think he can help. 

the defense needs a ton of help. Thankfully we get Abram back, it’s like we’ll have 3 first rounders next year. Really want a WR in round 1 but wouldn’t be mad if we double dipped on defensive help.

We’re A lot closer than I thought we would be.

3 1st rounders. Where we getting the 3rd one from??

23 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Wait so you want to pretend Watson is the only qb that has escaped key.

To be fair, it was a great display of bend by Key... I'm super frustrated he missed the sack, but you have to hope that another year in strength and conditioning and he can get bigger/stronger. I wouldn't guarantee him anything moving forward, but on a rookie deal, stranger things have happened than a dude suddenly turning the corner and blowing dudes away.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

To be fair, it was a great display of bend by Key... I'm super frustrated he missed the sack, but you have to hope that another year in strength and conditioning and he can get bigger/stronger. I wouldn't guarantee him anything moving forward, but on a rookie deal, stranger things have happened than a dude suddenly turning the corner and blowing dudes away.

He has the bend down. He has to get stronger and get better with his hands. Watson certainly deserves credit. But a stronger guy brings him down right there. He had a full wrap up on him. 

Just now, dante9876 said:

He has the bend down. He has to get stronger and get better with his hands. Watson certainly deserves credit. But a stronger guy brings him down right there. He had a full wrap up on him. 

Agreed. Not gonna lie, I was celebrating that and almost turned away from my TV, then I saw the TD and almost broke my remote.

Bendy, long rushers aren't easy to come by though. Like I said, no point in cutting bait while he's on this rookie deal. An offseason under Buckner's tutelage could really help him make the leap, as could more continuity in the strength/conditioning staff.

• Like 1

that’s the thing we have a bunch of young pieces. Look at PJ Hall and the jump he’s made, Kolton Miller, too, kid looked like He didn’t belong. Guys are going to improve.

Were so quick to label guys, and yea Ferrell was supposed to be a plug and play, high floor type prospect. But the jump to the league is a big jump and some guys transition faster than others. Ferrell balled out on national championship teams, he is no slouch. You don’t do the things he’s done by not having talent. I just think he needs time much like PJ and Miller. 

the good thing is we now have stability. Gruden and Mayock are gonna be around for a long while, and are going to mold this team in the image. Guys are going to be able to grow within a system, and not have to worry about switching schemes or being phased out by new staffs. 

• Like 1