Week 8 GDT - Raiders at Texans

agarcia34

18 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Has anyone else noticed that Mayowa has as many sacks as Mack? Don't get me wrong, Mack is having a very good season, but I thought he'd have better numbers in the sack category on a D-line like that.  Crazy. 

Since Hicks got hurt, it hasn't been that good. If we get a dynamite interior guy, it would open it up for our edge guys as well. 

So we finished our road trip at 2-3. Quite a few people had us going 0-5. We got murdered by 2 of the top 6 teams in the NFL. Beat a good indy team, dominated a good Chicago defense and took a very good Houston team to the brink. And had em beat if Carr throws the ball ahead of Tyrell or Tyrell could have held on to that last ball that Gareon knocked away. 

We are 3-4. We have DET, LAC and CIN at home before going to play at NYJ. We are very capable of winning all 4 games. Putting us at 7-4. 

The Chiefs are 5-3. They have MIN, TEN and LAC. They could very well lose 1 of those games and we can be playing in week 12 tied with the Chiefs at 7-4. 

We are very much in the race. The value of this team making the playoffs is important, even if we get beat in the Wild Card Round. Being a playoff team on top of the move to Vegas and we become a very attractive place for Free Agents.

Love him or hate him players want to play for Gruden. 

Undeniable that Mayock can draft. Jacobs has been a beast. Renefrow, Moreau, and Crosby have all exceed their draft position in year 1. Mullen looked really good from my seats at the game today, i am excited to watch the coaches film on him. Cle has been slower to adjust then we had hoped but he flashes a few times a game, especially in the run game. And Abrams looked good in the tiny sample size.

Stay Positive Raider Nation.

Trust The Process.

In Grudock We Trust. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Geezy said:

This isn’t a playoff team, no need to risk the future. I’d be patient and continue to build.

were getting Abram back,Have tons of cap space and have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. Keep grinding and building towards next season. That’s the benefit of having a coach locked in. We don’t have to make rash decisions to win NOW. 

I agree. I don't see us doing much in the playoffs if we make them. The core of this team will be around for the next 3-4 years. Keep the picks and add next offseason in the draft. If some of these picks work out we have have 2-3 shots at a deep playoff run imo.

44 minutes ago, Roninho said:

I agree. I don't see us doing much in the playoffs if we make them. The core of this team will be around for the next 3-4 years. Keep the picks and add next offseason in the draft. If some of these picks work out we have have 2-3 shots at a deep playoff run imo.

It depends what player we can get for one of the 3rds (no older player). The 2 1sts should be untouchable though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Geezy said:

We’re A lot closer than I thought we would be.

I've been pleasantly surprised. I thought the Oline would struggle because of Cable, he's really stepped up. The offense just needs a Z WR and a backup RB next offseason and it will be something if Carr keeps playing well.

Defense... I may just go all in on Chase Young. The Raiders need pass rush and he's just on another level. Depending on how the board falls, I may trade up for him.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I've been pleasantly surprised. I thought the Oline would struggle because of Cable, he's really stepped up. The offense just needs a Z WR and a backup RB next offseason and it will be something if Carr keeps playing well.

Defense... I may just go all in on Chase Young. The Raiders need pass rush and he's just on another level. Depending on how the board falls, I may trade up for him.

Man, that is tempting.  Or do you hold off and try to land Epenesa and a guy like Lamb, or Ruggs?  You'd have to trade up for Young.  

Sit tight and trade a 1 and two 3s to move up hopefully that gets you to Young?  Still having the other 1 for a WR?  Keeping one 3?  

47 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Carr is starting to look down field more and getting more comfortable. Gruden has called some great games too. We just need some lbs and a de

Yep. Carr is showing progress. Really need a reliable target at WR to make the offense special. Someone you can go to on that last drive. Tyrell is a complementary piece. With AB, we win that game.

13 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Yep. Carr is showing progress. Really need a reliable target at WR to make the offense special. Someone you can go to on that last drive. Tyrell is a complementary piece. With AB, we win that game.

Oh man. It hurts me everyday to think about what AB would have done for this offense. Waller may have gotten less Targets. But AB would have opened up everything for everyone else, the way Amari did for Dallas last year but way more since he is a much better player than Amari is.

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

If the Raiders have AB i think the raiders win a few more games plus take KC to the brink. 

This is such a frustrating year so far but that is a good thing.  Disappointed last year, frustrated this year, hopefull 2020, and then happy in 2021.  Let's just keep getting better every week.  We lost to two playoff teams in back to back weeks because we made mistakes and did not capitalize.  This is what I expect from a young team.I hate saying it but we need to trust the process.  This team is a couple pieces and a year 1 or 2 away.  MLB, Abram, WR, and top DE.  We are almost there.  My game ball goes to Crosby this week.  Mullen looked good for his 1st start also.  Pick six would have been great but after looking at his time in college I do not expect many interceptions.  Still a solid game.  Can somebody please help Key tackle or get just a little bit faster.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

This is such a frustrating year so far but that is a good thing.  Disappointed last year, frustrated this year, hopefull 2020, and then happy in 2021.  Let's just keep getting better every week.  We lost to two playoff teams in back to back weeks because we made mistakes and did not capitalize.  This is what I expect from a young team.I hate saying it but we need to trust the process.  This team is a couple pieces and a year 1 or 2 away.  MLB, Abram, WR, and top DE.  We are almost there.  My game ball goes to Crosby this week.  Mullen looked good for his 1st start also.  Pick six would have been great but after looking at his time in college I do not expect many interceptions.  Still a solid game.  Can somebody please help Key tackle or get just a little bit faster.

This is honestly one of the more insightful posts I have read in a while.  This team hasn't really been demoralized, but has been rather competitive.  Tough close games that could go either way.  Couple nice wins here and there.  I really think you're right when you say we are still a few pieces, few years away from actually being a name in the AFC.  I hated everything Gruden at the start of last year.  But now, with all things considered.... maybe we have something cooking..  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Totty said:

This is honestly one of the more insightful posts I have read in a while.  This team hasn't really been demoralized, but has been rather competitive.  Tough close games that could go either way.  Couple nice wins here and there.  I really think you're right when you say we are still a few pieces, few years away from actually being a name in the AFC.  I hated everything Gruden at the start of last year.  But now, with all things considered.... maybe we have something cooking..  

I doubted, complained, and cried about Carr, Cable, and Gruden from the beginning.  Now I see it coming together.  At the beginning of the year I said my only hope for this team is that they get back to the point where I can enjoy watching the games again.  Except for the Vikings and second quarter against KC they have done it.  The choices have not have been perfect when it comes to the draft, FA, and play but it never is.  I wanted things that I was correct about but there was a lot that I did not see.  Also some that Mayock and myself agreed upon.  In the end though the plan looks to be working and I enjoy my favorite free time activity again.  Good job team and I would also like to add that this forum is great.  A lot of knowledgeable fans with different perspectives that helps me to see the game in different ways.  Plus nobody else likes to talk football with me.

• Like 2