Week 8 GDT - Raiders at Texans

agarcia34

34 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I'm not choosing to believe we will fail. Houston is the best run D wev'e faced this season and running the ball is the key to our offense. So it's not a favorable matchup on paper. I surely hope we're such a good running offense that we can still run on them.

Exactly. Predicting us to lose a game doesn’t mean you are choosing to believe we fail. If you are predicting a win all 16 or like 14-15 games, you shouldn’t be offerinf a prediction to begin with. 

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Exactly. Predicting us to lose a game doesn’t mean you are choosing to believe we fail. If you are predicting a win all 16 or like 14-15 games, you shouldn’t be offerinf a prediction to begin with. 

Totally missing the point as usual and twisting my words. They are a bottom 5 team against the pass, just like us. Yes, running the ball opens up the pass game, but against a pass defense this bad it doesn't matter as much. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

Teams don't have to run the ball and haven't against us and they still torch our defense, the Texans are the same way.  You think we can't pass on them and I'm explaining why I think we can. We will see on Sunday.

4 hours ago, true2form said:

Totally missing the point as usual and twisting my words. They are a bottom 5 team against the pass, just like us. Yes, running the ball opens up the pass game, but against a pass defense this bad it doesn't matter as much. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

Teams don't have to run the ball and haven't against us and they still torch our defense, the Texans are the same way.  You think we can't pass on them and I'm explaining why I think we can. We will see on Sunday.

I'm not saying we can't pass on them, just stating that's not been our recipe to win games to this point. Do i trust Carr to play a clean game if he has less support from the running game? Not really. And you can expect our D to have a hard time stopping a top 5 offense. That puts a lot of pressure on Carr.

9 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I'm not saying we can't pass on them, just stating that's not been our recipe to win games to this point. Do i trust Carr to play a clean game if he has less support from the running game? Not really. And you can expect our D to have a hard time stopping a top 5 offense. That puts a lot of pressure on Carr.

You're not wrong, but we've played top 13 ranked pass defenses in 4 of our games. Colts and Packers were the worst at 20 and 21 respectively. Texans are 29th.

I'm not sure what our defense has to do with the success of our pass offense. However, you are correct that they have to show up in this game to have a shot at winning.

14 hours ago, true2form said:

We might not have the best record but we move the ball against anyone.

We have multiple 90+ yard TD drives against good defenses.

Edited by Bitty 2.0

While I don’t think we will win and finish this season around 7-9 (which imo is better than expected) we need to win the next four games to make the playoffs in my opinion. 

We can’t fall to 3-4 and need a surprise win. 

Then we need a three game sweep at home which are all very winnable games, vs Det, vs LA, vs Cin. 

That would put us at 7-3 with an extremely difficult final six games. 

No specific order: @KC, @DEN, @LA, vs TENN, vs JAC, @NYJ

Three road division games. Titans and Jags have good defenses and Titans look way way better with Tannehil. Mariota wasn’t even a “QB” imo. Jets in New York is a tough out. Gase/Darnold have still shown they can absolutely obliterate an average or bad defense. 

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

While I don’t think we will win and finish this season around 7-9 (which imo is better than expected) we need to win the next four games to make the playoffs in my opinion. 

We can’t fall to 3-4 and need a surprise win. 

Then we need a three game sweep at home which are all very winnable games, vs Det, vs LA, vs Cin. 

That would put us at 7-3 with an extremely difficult final six games. 

No specific order: @KC, @DEN, @LA, vs TENN, vs JAC, @NYJ

Three road division games. Titans and Jags have good defenses and Titans look way way better with Tannehil. Mariota wasn’t even a “QB” imo. Jets in New York is a tough out. Gase/Darnold have still shown they can absolutely obliterate an average or bad defense. 

Taking into account the schedule, that seems like a valid assessment. But like every year, to be a playoff team you have to win games like TEN, JAC, NYJ. These are losing teams, tough or not. Winning tough games puts you in the playoffs. Conceding tough games is what puts you out. DEN, LA, CIN and DET, also losing teams. A team that deserves the playoffs goes 7-0, 6-1 or 5-2 against them at worst. 

Time of possession will be important like most games this year. Need long drives that end up in TD's to wear them out. Interested in seeing how Zay looks out there. Just feed Jacobs and test the Texans secondary and see if they can cover Waller. 

I guess it #NationalTightEndDay so it would only be right for Darren Waller to have 100 yards today. 

Edited by agarcia34