Week 8 GDT - Raiders at Texans

agarcia34

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

Against that line, it’s possible but Watson is pretty elusive. 

I think we’ll see the DTs get a lot of push and maybe get sacks with the DEs playing contain. 

I could be wrong but it appeared CLE was spying on occasion could be doing that again but I like Watson’s chances lol 

12 hours ago, true2form said:

Don't see why we can't shred them like we did GB. No redzone turnovers and we should be ok. The Colts beat them last week and we did beat them, so there's that.

Because their run D is better. If the running game isn't effective and Carr has to carry the offense, we're in trouble.

46 minutes ago, true2form said:

Is it?  Their rankings look a lot like ours:

4th vs the run

29th vs the pass 

5th vs the run

31st vs the pass

He is talking about GB vs Hou. Jacobs won’t run wild. Carr is gonna have to massively step up without relying on a run game taking the load ofd. Most of us aren’t hopeful for such a thing. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

He is talking about GB vs Hou. Jacobs won’t run wild. Carr is gonna have to massively step up without relying on a run game taking the load ofd. Most of us aren’t hopeful for such a thing. 

And I guess that's still the argument right?

If Carr can carve up GB, why wouldn't he the Texans?  Without a run game is the response.

It's a valid point, but we were thinking the same against the Bears, no?

On 10/24/2019 at 11:24 AM, agarcia34 said:

Texans are a good team with a well-balanced offense. Hyde and Johnson have been an excellent one-two punch for the Texans.

Texans have a top 10 run defense. Pass defense is not the best. 

If Williams is good to go this might be the game where you ask Carr to do a little more then what you would usually ask. Williams and Waller should have a clear advantage.

Josh Jacobs's shoulder issue is most likely gonna be something that he's gonna have to deal with until the offseason. It's just about managing the pain. Saw a tweet right now saying they don't see Jacobs at practice.

I think their run defense is better than top ten.  I thought I saw it was in the top 5.  Very poor pass defense like 27th or 30th..

Has anyone had the time to see who they played against and how good or bad their opponents running game was?  That's our strong suit.  We'll need to run against them to win this game.

5 minutes ago, true2form said:

And I guess that's still the argument right?

If Carr can carve up GB, why wouldn't he the Texans?  Without a run game is the response.

It's a valid point, but we were thinking the same against the Bears, no?

I don’t understand what you’re saying. Are you saying Carr would get a free pass cause the run game would be limited? I don’t see why he should considering plenty of QBs tear up bad secondarys with no run game. Especially if they are mobile enough to escape pressure. 

We were just saying were not all that confident in Carr doing it. This is the game where he can really show he’s here to stay. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t understand what you’re saying. Are you saying Carr would get a free pass cause the run game would be limited? I don’t see why he should considering plenty of QBs tear up bad secondarys with no run game. Especially if they are mobile enough to escape pressure. 

We were just saying were not all that confident in Carr doing it. This is the game where he can really show he’s here to stay. 

No, no, no. 

I'm still confused as to why you don't think he can is all.  I'm saying he should carve up their bottom 5 pass defense without Jacobs.

I'm also saying, why are we assuming they will shut down Jacobs?

Carr played his best statistical game as a passer last week against a much better pass defense AND Jacobs has already proven to be able to put up big numbers against "elite" run defenses.

On 10/24/2019 at 11:50 AM, NYRaider said:

They have one of the worst OL in football. We need to get after Watson to have a chance to win the game. And if we can't generate any pass rush this week it's pretty telling about how bad our pass rush really is. 

Is Arden Key playing?  Not that I'm overly impressed with him this year.