Week 8 GDT - Raiders at Texans

agarcia34

16 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Do they make another goal line stand with 10 men like the did with Al?

that would be pretty awesome. 

Pick 6 to end the game would be better.  "There goes old man Willie Brown!"  I'd cry and kick my table through the wall.

14 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

I think their run defense is better than top ten.  I thought I saw it was in the top 5.  Very poor pass defense like 27th or 30th..

Has anyone had the time to see who they played against and how good or bad their opponents running game was?  That's our strong suit.  We'll need to run against them to win this game.

I checked the Panthers with C. McCaffrey.  They held him to 93 yards on 27 carries with a 3.4 average.  They can stop the run.

13 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

I think their run defense is better than top ten.  I thought I saw it was in the top 5.  Very poor pass defense like 27th or 30th..

Has anyone had the time to see who they played against and how good or bad their opponents running game was?  That's our strong suit.  We'll need to run against them to win this game.

Kamara 97 yds

Fournette 47

Ekeler 36

McCaffrey 93

Freeman 30

McCoy 44

Mack 44

They've held some guys in check, but I'd argue that Jacobs has been right up there with Kamara and McCaffrey. 

4 minutes ago, true2form said:

No, no, no. 

I'm still confused as to why you don't think he can is all.  I'm saying he should carve up their bottom 5 pass defense without Jacobs.

I'm also saying, why are we assuming they will shut down Jacobs?

Carr played his best statistical game as a passer last week against a much better pass defense AND Jacobs has already proven to be able to put up big numbers against "elite" run defenses.

True, Jacobs could still have a solid game, we’ll have to see. But if he does get “limited”, I never said he’s getting shut down, then can Carr carry the team? He did good against GB cause they were focusing on the run. Houstons DL is very good, they don’t have to do much game planning against the run and will focus on Carr. GB did not respect Carr, they respected Jacobs, and Carr made them pay for it. 

6 minutes ago, true2form said:

Kamara 97 yds

Fournette 47

Ekeler 36

McCaffrey 93

Freeman 30

McCoy 44

Mack 44

They've held some guys in check, but I'd argue that Jacobs has been right up there with Kamara and McCaffrey. 

Ouch!  But if he can get 90 yards we'll do well.  Wait a minute; we have animals on our O line.  Is Trent Brown our RT playing?  6'8" 359 pounds.  Just a little guy.  I heard he was 380.  You watch, we'll do better than some people think as we have THE MEAT.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

True, Jacobs could still have a solid game, we’ll have to see. But if he does get “limited”, I never said he’s getting shut down, then can Carr carry the team? He did good against GB cause they were focusing on the run. Houstons DL is very good, they don’t have to do much game planning against the run and will focus on Carr. GB did not respect Carr, they respected Jacobs, and Carr made them pay for it. 

I mean I understand.  We can play bad in every game and be shutdown by any team.  Some are choosing to believe we will fail and I'm choosing to believe that we can succeed.  Neither are wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, true2form said:

I mean I understand.  We can play bad in every game and be shutdown by any team.  Some are choosing to believe we will fail and I'm choosing to believe that we can succeed.  Neither are wrong.

Well there’s a difference between optimistic and blind fanism. For example, I’m sure there has been fans that have picked us to win every game this year.  

Just now, BayRaider said:

Well there’s a difference between optimistic and blind fanism. For example, I’m sure there has been fans that have picked us to win every game this year.  

And I'm not saying we will succeed or win, just that we can.  

The Texans shutdown Jacobs, the running game is non-existent.  What do we have to do? Throw the ball, right.  Well I'd rather "have" to throw the ball against the Texans, should be the game plan going in anyway.

Against GB you run 60-70% of the time.  Against the Texans, you flip that.  Common sense.

3 minutes ago, true2form said:

And I'm not saying we will succeed or win, just that we can.  

The Texans shutdown Jacobs, the running game is non-existent.  What do we have to do? Throw the ball, right.  Well I'd rather "have" to throw the ball against the Texans, should be the game plan going in anyway.

Against GB you run 60-70% of the time.  Against the Texans, you flip that.  Common sense.

Running the ball effectively opens up the passing game is whole point though. Against GB that’s what we did. Carr throwing against Houston without our running game performing well may not go the greatest. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Running the ball effectively opens up the passing game is whole point though. Against GB that’s what we did. Carr throwing against Houston without our running game performing well may not go the greatest. 

Ok, let me flip it.  Do you think we have a great run defense?

41 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Will be the first time the 5 true starters are playing on the offensive line for the Raiders. Might be the homer in me, but I’ll take our online vs any defensive line. 

I did not know that and it is good news.  I agree, I'll take our O line to their D line.  We have THE MEAT.  I'm getting psyched up for this game.

2 hours ago, true2form said:

I'm not choosing to believe we will fail. Houston is the best run D wev'e faced this season and running the ball is the key to our offense. So it's not a favorable matchup on paper. I surely hope we're such a good running offense that we can still run on them.