Week 8 GDT - Raiders at Texans

agarcia34

38 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I doubted, complained, and cried about Carr, Cable, and Gruden from the beginning.  Now I see it coming together.  At the beginning of the year I said my only hope for this team is that they get back to the point where I can enjoy watching the games again.  Except for the Vikings and second quarter against KC they have done it.  The choices have not have been perfect when it comes to the draft, FA, and play but it never is.  I wanted things that I was correct about but there was a lot that I did not see.  Also some that Mayock and myself agreed upon.  In the end though the plan looks to be working and I enjoy my favorite free time activity again.  Good job team and I would also like to add that this forum is great.  A lot of knowledgeable fans with different perspectives that helps me to see the game in different ways.  Plus nobody else likes to talk football with me.

I'm happy to see a post like this.  I try not to be too preachy, but sometimes I can't help myself and feel like a broken record.  "Trust the process" lol.

I've never said that it will all work out, but I know exactly what they are trying to do and it's plain to see for anyone who lived through Gruden 1.0. So far they are exceeding in building the team the way that they want to.  Doesn't mean anyone has to agree with the philosophy, but understanding goes a long way. Hopefully they keep moving us forward and we'll all be happier in year 3, just like we were 19 years ago. Yikes!

• Like 4

Gruden has definitely proved he’s not some old fossil and IMO dude is a Top 10 Coach. Bill, Andy, Kyle, FR, McVay, Harbaugh, Carroll, Sean McDermott, Sean Payton and Jon Gruden in no specific order. Easily. And I think I’d take Jon over most of those guys not named Bill. I like him more than McVay in every way. I think Andy/Kyle are better offensive minds, slightly, but Jon blows them both out of the water in the leadership department. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Gruden has definitely proved he’s not some old fossil and IMO dude is a Top 10 Coach. Bill, Andy, Kyle, FR, McVay, Harbaugh, Carroll, Sean McDermott, Sean Payton and Jon Gruden in no specific order. Easily. And I think I’d take Jon over most of those guys not named Bill. I like him more than McVay in every way. I think Andy/Kyle are better offensive minds, slightly, but Jon blows them both out of the water in the leadership department. 

Yep I was in Gruden being a dinosaur camp glad to see atleast the offense is progressing 

Just looking back at this game and man the LBs are just awful. Enough is enough. They don't make thee most routine plays get the D off the field.

Morrow - 6:30 - 3rd and 6, miss tackle on Hyde. Make the play, they punt from mid-field with 8 mins left. Instead, drive goes on to score and they take the lead

Morrow again - 7:59 - Unblocked, in the hole on Hyde, whiffs and gives up a game sealing run

6:43 - Ferrell nice move off the edge. Most QBs that's a sack. Watson scrambles

Then countless coverage errors in zone. Or just too slow to get in coverage.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Just looking back at this game and man the LBs are just awful. Enough is enough. They don't make thee most routine plays get the D off the field.

Morrow - 6:30 - 3rd and 6, miss tackle on Hyde. Make the play, they punt from mid-field with 8 mins left. Instead, drive goes on to score and they take the lead

Morrow again - 7:59 - Unblocked, in the hole on Hyde, whiffs and gives up a game sealing run

Rewatching that I also saw Mayowa getting pulled to the ground an awful lot. Key was wrapped around on the game winner too. Around 5 minutes and 7 respectively. We don't get those calls.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

That Harris stiff arm too. The staff brought in Abram to clean up the middle and bring physicality as a blitzer. I also do think he's cerebral/athletic enough to cover, but this DEFINITELY wouldn't be happening with him out there.