NE trades DE Michael Bennett to DAL for a conditional 6th/7th

Broncofan

I’m not even sure what he has in the tank. He didn’t play a ton here. Seems like it was super easy to phase him out with Collins/KVN/Wino providing a good edge rush.  His value boiled down to a pure inside rusher that also happened to cause some head aches and had a bit of money on his contract when the team is strapped. 

I’d have rather kept him, though. You can never have too much depth and it’s possible things could’ve gelled later in the season.

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

He's at a stage in his career where I don't think he can play 50+ snaps.  And he sells out now a TON to get to the QB.  So he's far better in a rotation.

But Crawford is definitely a guy he can pair with - and upgrade the DAL pass rush.  Frankly, they could use this.

But let's make no mistake - BB also did this to make sure he didn't sign with an AFC contender.   It's also telling he chose DAL.  He made a calculated decision here (didn't want him in NO, SF, GB/MIN, etc.).

No way the Packers would be looking at him. I think they probably had enough of the bennets!

• Like 1

Nice pick up as long as he's on board with Still being a rotational DE/DT playing 20 or so snaps. Was honestly hoping given all of our injuries Howie was interested as well. Curious whether his attitude as a Eagle nip that idea from even occuring in the bud?