Cowboys trade for Michael Bennett

textaz03

I get that Antwaun Woods and Christian Covington aren’t knocking anyone’s doors off, but I don’t really think that position is going to be our undoing this year bar injuries. They’re JAGs, not street free agent scrubs.

OTOH I am very relieved to have a viable option at 3-tech other than Collins. Anyone who expected Trysten Hill to be an asset to our defense this year was fooling themselves.

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

I get that Antwaun Woods and Christian Covington aren’t knocking anyone’s doors off, but I don’t really think that position is going to be our undoing this year bar injuries. They’re JAGs, not street free agent scrubs.

OTOH I am very relieved to have a viable option at 3-tech other than Collins. Anyone who expected Trysten Hill to be an asset to our defense this year was fooling themselves.

Trysten Hill not being an asset this year is one thing . But to be a non-participating player for the most part is rather depressing considering how much we need that position to do something

Edited by resilient part 2

20 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Trysten Hill not being an asset this year is one thing . But to be a non-participating player for the most part is rather depressing considering how much we need that position to do something

I think we need to collectively chill on Hill and what our expectations are for him. We don't see too many rookie DT's dominating the league. He's going to need atleast 1 more season really. So the way he can compete in some way right now is solid. He's just forced into a huge role in our defense when that role usually takes years to develop unless you are Aaron Donald.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas