Around the NFL - Week 8

WizardHawk

6 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I’m thinking 2 one and done coaches this year.

Kitchens is toast in Cleveland. That team is once again a mess. And, Gase in NY. I don’t why they hired him to begin with

Could be yeah...Joe Douglas knew Gase before though, so I don't know if he'd push to get his own guy in there.

Plus the mono thing could be a scapegoat. But they are bad, and Gase seems like human sandpaper. So they could punt him.

And Cleveland was such a misfire. Was such a dumb move to hire Freddie as HC...were you really that scared to lose him? And how did you think getting no oline help would go? 
Just such Cleveland being Cleveland stuff.

Jets - Skins - Falcons - Browns...any other teams that might axe their HC? what are the prospects out their for HCs at this point?

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Could be yeah...Joe Douglas knew Gase before though, so I don't know if he'd push to get his own guy in there.

Plus the mono thing could be a scapegoat. But they are bad, and Gase seems like human sandpaper. So they could punt him.

And Cleveland was such a misfire. Was such a dumb move to hire Freddie as HC...were you really that scared to lose him? And how did you think getting no oline help would go? 
Just such Cleveland being Cleveland stuff.

Jets - Skins - Falcons - Browns...any other teams that might axe their HC? what are the prospects out their for HCs at this point?

I think there probably ends up being one or two more teams to the list.

Lincoln Riley - He's getting a blank check from someone. I'd actually put Cleveland as a front runner. But, if Garrett fails, Jerry probably parks a pair of Brinks trucks in Riley's driveway. 
Eric Bienemy - Reid's coaching tree gets another branch.
Mike McCarthy - I  could see Jets righting their wrong here.
Pete Carmichael - Sean Payton's coaching tree should be way bigger than it is. 
Kris Richard - His time is coming.
Dabo Swinney - He seems like he should have garnered more interest by now.
Chris Peterson - He'd be my choice if Dallas fires JG. 

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Lincoln Riley - He's getting a blank check from someone. I'd actually put Cleveland as a front runner. But, if Garrett fails, Jerry probably parks a pair of Brinks trucks in Riley's driveway. 

Yeah that seems like the list, plus Robert Saleh from the right team maybe. Most of them won’t go defense.

could see McCarthy to any of those teams except the Falcons.

It is crazy no one gets hired from NO, just would think someone would’ve 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah that seems like the list, plus Robert Saleh from the right team maybe. Most of them won’t go defense.

could see McCarthy to any of those teams except the Falcons.

It is crazy no one gets hired from NO, just would think someone would’ve 

Been seeing Dan Campbell's name floating around out there as well. 

Will it be Taco Monday in Pittsburgh?

Doomed were his days in Dallas, but Taco Charlton, amid a disastrous season for Miami, has been a positive.

Positives have been hard to find or shipped away when it comes to the Dolphins this season, but the 24-year-old has flashed the brilliance that made him a 2017 first-round draft choice for the Cowboys and seemingly embraced a fresh start despite it coming with a woeful team. Charlton has posted a team-high three sacks in his four games with the Dolphins and has 16 tackles, as well. The sacks already tie his career-high for a season, matching his rookie haul with the Cowboys.

Just now, DaBoys said:

Will it be Taco Monday in Pittsburgh?

Doomed were his days in Dallas, but Taco Charlton, amid a disastrous season for Miami, has been a positive.

Positives have been hard to find or shipped away when it comes to the Dolphins this season, but the 24-year-old has flashed the brilliance that made him a 2017 first-round draft choice for the Cowboys and seemingly embraced a fresh start despite it coming with a woeful team. Charlton has posted a team-high three sacks in his four games with the Dolphins and has 16 tackles, as well. The sacks already tie his career-high for a season, matching his rookie haul with the Cowboys.

Guess he just was a star hater. It happens

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Guess he just was a star hater. It happens

I think he just didn't respond well to Rod Marinellis drill sergeant approach to coaching, and didn't handle the Quinn trade very well by requesting a trade.

It looked to me like he had talent, and was starting to click in preseason. He probably should have played in weeks 1 and 2 with Quinn out and maybe a trade would have materialized through his performance. But alas, we simply released him, and he has had a sack in just about every game since with his new team.

It might still be premature, but I think we will eventually reach a point where we can't say Taco just sucks. We'll have to find a new excuse, because it's clear that he doesn't suck.

Reminds me of MartyB. Head case. Great physical tools. Was worthless here, and then balled out with every team after us.

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I think Lincoln Riley and Chris Petersen will get attention from us if we (hopefully) let Garrett walk. Riley because of his ability to make any QB look great, and Petersen because we’re already running his offense with Kellen Moore calling plays. It would all but ensure that he stays as OC.