Alex Smith will be our starter for 2020.

mar29020

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Alex Smith will never play football again.

Agree with this. I don't see him ever playing again. I hope they cut him, but I’m afraid they’ll also keep him on the team next year and pay him to be Haskins’ back up bc they like him and Dan doesn’t mind giving away free money to players he likes.

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Shiny new toy.  

Usually I’d agree but Dan loves Dwayne. We aren’t taking another Qb high in the draft until it’s blatantly obvious that Dwayne isn’t going to be the answer or can't be the answer anymore. That could be in 4 years, or it could be in 15 plus years if Dwayne develops and becomes a good to great Qb in a few years.

25 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Agree with this. I don't see him ever playing again. I hope they cut him, but I’m afraid they’ll also keep him on the team next year and pay him to be Haskins’ back up bc they like him and Dan doesn’t mind giving away free money to players he likes.

Imagine if he gets hit in that leg...

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Imagine if he gets hit in that leg...

I don't want go imagine it. 

I wonder if he ever did suit up for an NFL game again if they’d have some kind of shin guard type thing he'd wear on that leg to help protect it. Who knows! I wish he’d just retire already. He's not doing the team any favors by not retiring.

Edited by turtle28

What I’m hearing around the “water cooler” is Alex will be on the staff, not playing next year. Could be QB coach, could be in front office. Danny boy really likes him and wants him around  if on the staff as a QB coach it gives Danny an inside pipeline of info on the new coach. 
And- Haskins was Danny’s pick. Not the front office or the coach. If he busts it’s all on Danny

Edited by Doc Draper
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

What I’m hearing around the “water cooler” is Alex will be on the staff, not playing next year. Could be QB coach, could be in front office. Danny boy really likes him and wants him around  if on the staff as a QB coach it gives Danny an inside pipeline of info on the new coach. 
And- Haskins was Danny’s pick. Not the front office or the coach. If he busts it’s all on Danny

This was my thought as well. Alex is extremely intelligent, and he's learned from some pretty good offensive coaches over the course of his playing career. He's already been working with Haskins behind the scenes supposedly, so it would seem to be a natural transition for him to slide into a QB coach or offensive assistant role.

Of course, this goes against everything I'd like to hear about a new HC getting to choose his own staff, so it's a little frustrating that we're already speculating about "strings" that will be attached to the job, but that's life here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

So it's a Macallan cooler. Got it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Alex Smith for Head Coach.

🤔

3 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

With 4 ints

Peyton Manning led the NFL in interceptions as a rookie. Not saying Dwayne Haskins is going to be great but I am saying that rookie QBs make mistakes - especially when they’re raw, inexperienced and haven’t been given the reps they need to develop In practice by their coaches  - but we need to have patience with Haskins as he develops. The moreHaskins plays, the better he should get. He needs to play.