Detroit Lions VS Gmen Sunday 10/27

MortexLion

Rumbling, bumbling, stumbling and they got the win.

Not impressed.

I broke my ankle jumping off the Coleman bandwagon J/K🤠 He had a rough day though. 

Martin gets the game ball as well as the Salesman of the Year award.

Prater missed one! I was surprised which shows how seldom he misses beyond 50. 
I still don’t like seeing Golden Tate in a different jersey. 

I want more Hall. 

Exciting parts of the game but a really sloppy win. Not a win that creates any hope moving forward. At least nothing beyond an 8-7-1 or so finish. 

This team shows flashes but just can’t get it together. it’s sooooooooooooooo gosh darned frustrating. 🤠

• Like 1

15 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Rumbling, bumbling, stumbling and they got the win.

Not impressed.

I broke my ankle jumping off the Coleman bandwagon J/K🤠 He had a rough day though. 

Martin gets the game ball as well as the Salesman of the Year award.

Prater missed one! I was surprised which shows how seldom he misses beyond 50. 
I still don’t like seeing Golden Tate in a different jersey. 

I want more Hall. 

Exciting parts of the game but a really sloppy win. Not a win that creates any hope moving forward. At least nothing beyond an 8-7-1 or so finish. 

This team shows flashes but just can’t get it together. it’s sooooooooooooooo gosh darned frustrating. 🤠

I didn't get to watch the game this week. It seems like I didn't miss much. This is a game that the Lions should have won. Nobody is handing out gold stars for doing what you were supposed to do. A 5 point win over the Giants isn't something to celebrate.

Prater has been a great Lion and one of the most consistent guys year after year. I'm with you on that. When he misses, it's always a shock.

I dislike seeing Tate in a different jersey as well. It was a move that we had to make but he was a great Lion.

Hall is exactly what the offense was missing. We might be more in the "Robby Anderson" talks if Quinn had not brought Hall in and if he didn't pan out. That speed element was missing earlier on in the season and it's great to see in this offense.

There's zero chance that we don't make a trade for a RB. Whether it's Rashaad Penny, Kenyan Drake or some other guy somebody has to be able to run the thing.

51 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I didn't get to watch the game this week. It seems like I didn't miss much. This is a game that the Lions should have won. Nobody is handing out gold stars for doing what you were supposed to do. A 5 point win over the Giants isn't something to celebrate.

Prater has been a great Lion and one of the most consistent guys year after year. I'm with you on that. When he misses, it's always a shock.

I dislike seeing Tate in a different jersey as well. It was a move that we had to make but he was a great Lion.

Hall is exactly what the offense was missing. We might be more in the "Robby Anderson" talks if Quinn had not brought Hall in and if he didn't pan out. That speed element was missing earlier on in the season and it's great to see in this offense.

There's zero chance that we don't make a trade for a RB. Whether it's Rashaad Penny, Kenyan Drake or some other guy somebody has to be able to run the thing.

It was simply uninspiring. 
You’re probably right about trading for a running back I just don’t see much point. When the holes are there the backs seem to be able to run but to often there just isn’t anything there.

WARNING****** I don’t feel like my objectivity is really there right now. 

This team has a snowballs chance in a warm place of making the playoffs at this point. Trading picks for bandaids won’t help this team. If they aren’t prepared to add players that are long term assets at positions of need, then they simply waste resources. 

4 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

It was simply uninspiring. 
You’re probably right about trading for a running back I just don’t see much point. When the holes are there the backs seem to be able to run but to often there just isn’t anything there.

WARNING****** I don’t feel like my objectivity is really there right now. 

This team has a snowballs chance in a warm place of making the playoffs at this point. Trading picks for bandaids won’t help this team. If they aren’t prepared to add players that are long term assets at positions of need, then they simply waste resources. 

If they do make a trade, it's not going to be for Kenyan Drake. He's headed out to the desert.

To your point about the playoff chances, then I would consider the Slay trade offers. If they can get a 1st round +, they would have to look seriously at making that move.

Edited by Karnage84
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

If they do make a trade, it's not going to be for Kenyan Drake. He's headed out to the desert.

To your point about the playoff chances, then I would consider the Slay trade offers. If they can get a 1st round +, they would have to look seriously at making that move.

I expect they would. Given their record, remaining schedule and the records of those they have to chase its bleak.

17 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I expect they would. Given their record, remaining schedule and the records of those they have to chase its bleak.

I took a look at the remaining schedule for the Lions, Packers and Vikings.

Detroit: Current Record - 3-3-1; Optimistic Finish - 7-2 = 10-5-1 (L's vs Dallas and Minnesota)

Green Bay: Current Record - 7-1; Optimistic Finish - 5-3 = 12-4 (L's vs San Fran, Minnesota, Detroit)

Minnesota: Current Record - 6-2; Optimistic Finish - 6-2 = 12-4 (L's vs Dallas, Seattle)

Barring meltdowns by the Vikings and Packers, we're realistically looking at 3rd place in a very difficult NFC North.

Had we not let the Cardinals steal a tie (and nearly win), let Mahomes make a play on 4th and 8, and the refs take off their Packer jerseys we'd be sitting at 6-1 en-route to a potential 13-3 record.

As things appear now, we're looking at: SF, NO, GB, DAL as conference champs with SEA and MIN rounding out the wild card. The Lions aren't mathematically eliminated from the playoffs just yet but things aren't looking too positive in our favour.

Apparently the Eagles are looking at Slay. It's a really weird feeling for me. I am more understanding of the Lions making a trade of Slay this year, despite the fact that we could still finish with a double digit win season than I was last year. We seemed to be moving in the right direction until the Tate trade was made and then things collapsed afterwards. We're in a better position than a lot of us expected coming into the season and yet we're likely to build towards the future.

7 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I took a look at the remaining schedule for the Lions, Packers and Vikings.

Detroit: Current Record - 3-3-1; Optimistic Finish - 7-2 = 10-5-1 (L's vs Dallas and Minnesota)

Green Bay: Current Record - 7-1; Optimistic Finish - 5-3 = 12-4 (L's vs San Fran, Minnesota, Detroit)

Minnesota: Current Record - 6-2; Optimistic Finish - 6-2 = 12-4 (L's vs Dallas, Seattle)

Barring meltdowns by the Vikings and Packers, we're realistically looking at 3rd place in a very difficult NFC North.

Had we not let the Cardinals steal a tie (and nearly win), let Mahomes make a play on 4th and 8, and the refs take off their Packer jerseys we'd be sitting at 6-1 en-route to a potential 13-3 record.

As things appear now, we're looking at: SF, NO, GB, DAL as conference champs with SEA and MIN rounding out the wild card. The Lions aren't mathematically eliminated from the playoffs just yet but things aren't looking too positive in our favour.

Apparently the Eagles are looking at Slay. It's a really weird feeling for me. I am more understanding of the Lions making a trade of Slay this year, despite the fact that we could still finish with a double digit win season than I was last year. We seemed to be moving in the right direction until the Tate trade was made and then things collapsed afterwards. We're in a better position than a lot of us expected coming into the season and yet we're likely to build towards the future.

Someone would have to have an epic collapse for the Lions to get in. I think they have something like a 10% chance.

Roster churning for the sake of roster churning is tiresome. At some point you need to keep a core of players and actually pay some of them. Since Caldwell left under the hope of a new coach taking the Lions to the playoffs all Quinn has done is churn players. 

The articles I’ve read indicate the ask for Slay is very high which is good. Slay is one of the keys on this team, trading him creates a big hole and the team already has a number of them. 

I also read the Lions were calling about Melvin Gordon. I hope not because I don’t see much running ability as a team. 

I’m really disheartened by the whole situation. LT, LG, RT, RB, DE, MLB, CB..........they can just throw a dart at a positional chart and likely hit a hole. 

At my age I should know better than to expect the Lions to actually compete for something other than a high draft position.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

I'm not quite the dinosaur you are, but I'm in the same boat.

You always could make me chuckle. For the record I’ve passed Dinosaur and will soon be a fossil.

Realistically I don’t have much hope for a playoff victory much less a SB before I’m toast. 

Edited by diehardlionfan
Add info