PS4: Madden Real Team League

biggio7

1 minute ago, Fresh Prince said:

I wish it would should whether a team would accept a trade or not before offering 

Always start an offer with them overpaying (tossing in early picks), and then work backwards to get to a fair point. I don't always follow that myself tho, the Rodgers trade being an initial offer lol.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

I just wish when I offer 2 1st round picks and a good young Star dev for a another young star dev player they’d accept it.  

Yeah I tried for a hour to get a a MLB with two firsts and a player they have a need for.

could only get to about 85% of the trade bar.

Will probably just wait for the draft to trade up and draft them instead

Edited by Fresh Prince

32 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

I just wish when I offer 2 1st round picks and a good young Star dev for a another young star dev player they’d accept it.  

The CPU is wising up to your trade offers ;)

It does sort of feel realistic. Teams typically want to hold onto their own drafted talent. Draft picks are uncertain and could be busts (or normal dev).

I don't think I've ever traded for a player in the mid-high 80s or higher before Barkley. Closest thing before was low 80s Ed Oliver, and I had moved an 80 Wilkerson with 2 firsts to do that. 

18 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

The CPU is wising up to your trade offers ;)

It does sort of feel realistic. Teams typically want to hold onto their own drafted talent. Draft picks are uncertain and could be busts (or normal dev).

I don't think I've ever traded for a player in the mid-high 80s or higher before Barkley. Closest thing before was low 80s Ed Oliver, and I had moved an 80 Wilkerson with 2 firsts to do that. 

I tried 81ovr CB Oliver, Star dev 24y/o and 2 firsts for a 24y/o star dev Linebacker. I’m really curious how I was able to get Whitfield from the Seahawks mid-season after hitting a brick wall on every other trade attempt.

Whole idea of drafting Cb Roberson was to move either Oliver or Fitzpatrick + picks for the linebacker I wanted. I got plenty of draft capital trading some depth guys trying to make that happen though so it wasn’t a total loss i guess.

This franchise I don’t even have a game plan for. Not sure if I want to trade some of the guys for draft capital. Or just ride it out to the offseason and see if any team is willing to trade the players I want. I’m running the same defense so I’m after the same players in both franchises lol. This Buccaneers team is trash though, I got some nice receivers and a few nice defensive pieces and that’s it. 

Edited by Neumatic

25 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

This Buccaneers team is trash though, I got some nice receivers and a few nice defensive pieces and that’s it. 

What?!? You've got one of the best foundations in the league lol. Howard, Evans, Godwin on offense, Jones still a young back, some decent OL who aren't about to retire. Defensively, you've got the best LB unit in the league. Barrett and JPP on edges, and David with White having the best speed inside. Plus Vita Vea. 

I mean sure it doesn't touch your Steeler team but trash? Come on lol.

I'm looking forward to having to actually manage cap and free agency in this league. I've noticed sometimes the CPU lets players hit FA if they feel the contract is too much. Biggest shocker I've seen is Mahomes in FA lol.

But overall just moreso having to manage contracts. You can draft well and develop the young stars, but a salary cap might mean you can't keep everyone around, and might have to let players walk / trade away for capital.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

What are the teams in this again?

Cowboys, Miami, Packers and? 

Might switch already and get in someone’s division. That way I’d have 2 user games to look forward to every year at least. 

@Neumatic

@Fresh Prince

@RuskieTitan
@biggio7

We should both go to the Afc East just to mess with @biggio7

Edited by Fresh Prince
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, holt_bruce81 said:

What are the teams in this again?

Cowboys, Miami, Packers and? 

Might switch already and get in someone’s division. That way I’d have 2 user games to look forward to every year at least. 

@Neumatic

@Fresh Prince

@RuskieTitan
@biggio7

Dolphins, Cowboys, Browns, Bucs, Packers.

I just advanced to week one.

• Like 2