SNF: New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys

titans0021

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

Odell hasn't practiced in weeks and it seems like McAdoo didn't construct a gameplan that didn't include Odell. It just seems like McAdoo just ran the offense basically the same as if Odell was there when everything we do is built off Odell. We have a 6'5" receiver and we didn't take advantage of that. This is one of the blatant coaching gaffs and I normally stay off criticising or praising coaches

I feel as though the Giants offense has looked like this a lot the last couple of years.  Everything feels so herky jerky and clunky, there's just nothing smooth about that offense.  They'll have some big plays every now and again, but sustained drives are difficult for them. 

13 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

I feel as though the Giants offense has looked like this a lot the last couple of years.  Everything feels so herky jerky and clunky, there's just nothing smooth about that offense.  They'll have some big plays every now and again, but sustained drives are difficult for them. 

I feel like thats been the Giants with Eli forever. They have never been consistently in tune. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I feel like thats been the Giants with Eli forever. They have never been consistently in tune. 

Well, there once was a time where they ran the ball and averaged liked 5 YPC.  Their offense was much more effective then.  Now, relying solely on Eli's arm, you see a lot more of the consistent struggle outside of maybe a year or two.

21 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

Agree.

Now when you have shady play from o-line you can't really be smooth. You don't know what you'll get from drive to drive. One drive we can look smooth and consistent and another it's just a train wreck. 

Its a slight variation from the Packers O but it still by abs large the same. 

11 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

Well, there once was a time where they ran the ball and averaged liked 5 YPC.  Their offense was much more effective then.  Now, relying solely on Eli's arm, you see a lot more of the consistent struggle outside of maybe a year or two.

I agree. I guess really I just meant the passing game, which is like ~60% of their offense, has always been extremely inconsistent. Ive never known what to expect from Eli from play to play, much less game to game. He is the king of mixing in a 4 TD games with 4 INT games. 

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Agree.

Now when you have shady play from o-line you can't really be smooth. You don't know what you'll get from drive to drive. One drive we can look smooth and consistent and another it's just a train wreck. 

Its a slight variation from the Packers O but it still by abs large the same. 

Yeah actually not a bad comparison, but the key difference being that the Packers offense is built around a guy that can avoid pressure with his legs and is one of the most accurate passers in NFL history. I have no idea why the Giants haven't invested in their o-line.  Eli isn't really consistent enough to carry an offense, he never really has been outside of a year or two, and it seems that he almost certainly isn't at 36 years old.

2 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

Yeah actually not a bad comparison, but the key difference being that the Packers offense is built around a guy that can avoid pressure with his legs and is one of the most accurate passers in NFL history. I have no idea why the Giants haven't invested in their o-line.  Eli isn't really consistent enough to carry an offense, he never really has been outside of a year or two, and it seems that he almost certainly isn't at 36 years old.

Exactly, that's the difference. You can rely on Rodgers to be consistently accurate.

This past year was a horrible year to invest in the OL. So you had to rely on improvement from existing players.  Eli like he showed last night still has good pocket presence but that is less and less a factor when you can't protect adequately snap to snap and I think he can still be a good QB but his hands are tied. 

Archived