Ravens vs. the bye

Danand

We can relax and look at other games/teams and see how they are doing.

Not many interesting games, but a few with implication on our chances of playoffs in case either the browns and Steelers find the form and we fall off.

Bears vs. Chargers - Chargers have a little chance to be relevant this year. Would most likely be a WC candidate, which would mean the go on a roll starting today and we end up 9-7. Still worth to keep an eye on. If they lose, they might have pass rushers available for a trade.

Jaguars vs. Jets - Jaguars can still do some damage on defense, Gardner Minshew is more loved than Lamar Jackson and they can be 4-4 after today. A Jets win would help if we are battling for a wild card, a Jets loss would help if we are interested in Leonard williams

Titans sv. Bucs - Same as with the Jaguars. If Bucs crap the bed, then maybe a Shaquill Barrett becomes available, would be a cheap contract

Bills - Eagles - First game where we should really hope for an Eagles win. Even though bills schedule has been soft, they are so far a team that looks like they will take one wild card spot. A win today and they have to fall completely flat if they are going to miss the playoffs.

Colts vs. Broncos - Flacco would be nice if he could help us here. The Colts play great football and looks like another competitor for a wild card spot. A Broncos loss could make some of their players available for a trade as they

Texans vs. Raiders - I think rooting for the Raiders here would be the way to go. I don't like the idea of facing the Texans defense or a DeShaun Watson who plays really well. 

Chiefs vs. Packers - Just let Rodgers keep going. If we are going to play really well and contend for a spot behind the Patriots to get a playoff bye, the Chiefs is our direct opponent.

Steelers vs. Dolphins - Dolphins can go burry the Steelers and get that one win and avoid a 0-16 Browns type of season.

Patrios vs. Browns - This is the big one. If a team is going on a roll in the second half of the season, it is the Browns who have a cake schedule. If the Patriots can add another L to the Browns, we are much closer to securing a playoff spot.

So far the Eagles and Miles Sanders are doing their best do help us out. 

Flacco is doing the same.

Trubisky is not.

I am interested in the Bills matchup and how we approach those guys on defense. It only seems they are truly dangerous, when the play breaks down and Allen can do some magic. He is what peopled feared Lamar JAckson would be - a QB who can't really work within structure.

6 minutes ago, Danand said:

And Flacco and the Broncos defense decided not to help us out. So far only bad outings for us

Eagles winning was good for us.

Having to root for the Broncos offense is excruciating. Everything we didn't like about our offense with Flacco when we didn't have good supporting talent, but worse.

I think it's hilarious that the Broncos chose to RUN on 3rd and 5 when they could have iced the game with a first down. Meanwhile we got this guy:

Edited by wackywabbit

3 hours ago, Danand said:

Patrios vs. Browns - This is the big one. If a team is going on a roll in the second half of the season, it is the Browns who have a cake schedule. If the Patriots can add another L to the Browns, we are much closer to securing a playoff spot

Would rather the Browns win. I’d rather we win the #1 seed throughout the playoffs and for that to happen the Browns winning and us winning will be crucial in that road.

12 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Would rather the Browns win. I’d rather we win the #1 seed throughout the playoffs and for that to happen the Browns winning and us winning will be crucial in that road.

We will lose at least 3 more games this year. We can't compete with the Patriots here. Lets secure a playoffs spot first and then play for a potential better seeding.

5 minutes ago, Danand said:

We got very little help besides the Patriots who took care of the Browns. 

If we could take care of New England next week it would help big time, but I believe we can expect losses against the Patriots, Texans and 49'ers. 

Texans are overrated and just lost Watt. I don't mean to sound cocky but New England and San Francisco are pretty much the only two I'm worried about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RavensDefense3 said:

cant have the browns win they have a cupcake schedule after this game.

I disagree. They have the Bengals 2x and the Dolphins. Beyond that the Broncos are a much better team as of late as their defense has started to pick it up and get more comfortable with that scheme.

Buffalo has a top 5 defense in the league. And Josh Allen has played better than Baker so far this season. Tomlin is coaching for his job and they’ve been playing much more inspired as the Ravens can attest to. And they play them twice. That’s a guaranteed split at worst. Miami is Miami. Cincy is Cincy 2x. Arizona is a very difficult team to beat. And we’re going to be a difficult team to beat unless we’ve already locked up a first round bye or something.

2 hours ago, Danand said:

We will lose at least 3 more games this year. We can't compete with the Patriots here. Lets secure a playoffs spot first and then play for a potential better seeding.

I disagree. I think we could lose 3 more games (though I think 13-3 is also a legit possibility if we can shore up some weak spots). 

But I also don’t think that the Patriots are guaranteed to continue this pace. If we beat them, that’s just the kind of thing to shake a teams mindset a bit. If that happens, then you’ve got the hot and cold Eagles that have a coach that’s proven he can go toe to toe with BB and win. Cowboys are one of the most talented teams in the league with a great OL and run game, which Cleveland might have shown a way to beat that team. If you can limit turnovers and run the football well, that might be the formula. And if it is the Cowboys could do it. The Chiefs are a known threat to win any game if Mahomes is playing in MVP form (assuming the Chiefs aren’t stupid enough to allow him to reinjure himself.)

So it’ll be unlikely that the Patriots lose that four games now, but had the Browns won this game, I’m much more confident that we could win and go 13-3/12-4 and still have a shot at the conference record. I could’ve easily saw the Patriots lose one to us, the Cowboys/Eagles, and the Chiefs. That would’ve put them at 4 losses. We can still catch them but we’ll have to play really good ball all the way through.