Lions Vs Giants Takeaways

Just Want A Title

I just finished watching the Giants game.  It was kind of frustrating.  I keep waiting for them to show a real dominant, killer instinct but never really materializes.  That said, here is what I noticed:

1.       Our D-Line was a little better but they are still not getting sacks or getting enough pressure on the QB early in the game.  Our secondary is under too much pressure.  We made Daniel Jones look like Aaron Rodgers.

2.      Ty Johnson could be a real weapon in the passing game if he and Stafford can get their timing down.

3.      Why doesn’t Marvin Hall Jr get more targets?  We need to see his speed more often.  Seriously

4.      TJ Hockenson has been super quiet.  We need him to be more involved to open up our WRs.

5.      We started off running the football pretty well but that didn’t last too long.  We may need to make a move at RB.  Maybe at RT also.  (Juwaun James would be perfect).

6.      Jarrad Davis had a really good day rushing the passer.  I still think he is better off as an OLB.

7.      I know Patricia likes bigger LBs but we could use more speed and athleticism at OLB.

8.      That trick play in the fourth quarter was awesome.  We should have one or two of those every game.

9.      Will Harris played fairly well.  It kind of validates the Quandre Diggs trade.  At least for one game. 

10.   Good things happen when John Atkins is in the game.  He needs to see more snaps. 

11.   This team has a tough time finishing games and seems to lack a killer instinct.  Especially on offense.

12.   Bob Quin has made some very good moves this year.  Justin Coleman is playing really well.  Marvin Hall Jr has been a difference maker.  JD McKissick has been solid.  TJ Hockenson, Jahlani Tavai and Ty Johnson are making good contributions as rookies.  No GM is perfect but he is really starting to come into his own.

It was a solid effort but it shows we should try to make an addition to help our running game and/or pass-rush if we can.  Thoughts.

It was good to see Flowers make an impact.

Patricia needs to stop letting Christian Jones get exposed in coverage. 

Bevell ran the ball too much today. Giants owe him a thank you card.

Davis was outstanding. Great to see.

Bevell needs to work the TEs in. I think it's all about him.

Mike Ford stepped up and got the job done when targeted. 

I think we need a rb and a pass rusher if were gonna make a playoff push. 

16 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

I just finished watching the Giants game.  It was kind of frustrating.  I keep waiting for them to show a real dominant, killer instinct but never really materializes.  That said, here is what I noticed:

1.       Our D-Line was a little better but they are still not getting sacks or getting enough pressure on the QB early in the game.  Our secondary is under too much pressure.  We made Daniel Jones look like Aaron Rodgers.

2.      Ty Johnson could be a real weapon in the passing game if he and Stafford can get their timing down.

3.      Why doesn’t Marvin Hall Jr get more targets?  We need to see his speed more often.  Seriously

4.      TJ Hockenson has been super quiet.  We need him to be more involved to open up our WRs.

5.      We started off running the football pretty well but that didn’t last too long.  We may need to make a move at RB.  Maybe at RT also.  (Juwaun James would be perfect).

6.      Jarrad Davis had a really good day rushing the passer.  I still think he is better off as an OLB.

7.      I know Patricia likes bigger LBs but we could use more speed and athleticism at OLB.

8.      That trick play in the fourth quarter was awesome.  We should have one or two of those every game.

9.      Will Harris played fairly well.  It kind of validates the Quandre Diggs trade.  At least for one game. 

10.   Good things happen when John Atkins is in the game.  He needs to see more snaps. 

11.   This team has a tough time finishing games and seems to lack a killer instinct.  Especially on offense.

12.   Bob Quin has made some very good moves this year.  Justin Coleman is playing really well.  Marvin Hall Jr has been a difference maker.  JD McKissick has been solid.  TJ Hockenson, Jahlani Tavai and Ty Johnson are making good contributions as rookies.  No GM is perfect but he is really starting to come into his own.

It was a solid effort but it shows we should try to make an addition to help our running game and/or pass-rush if we can.  Thoughts.

I think Ty Johnson could be our next riddick to be honest. 

I think we’ll see Hall start to get more and more time/targets. 

davis should absolutely be moved to OLB. Put Tavai in the middle, have Davis replace Jones. 

really liked what I saw from Harris. I think he could end up being our best selection in the draft. 

I think that is the biggest thing this team is lacking. They’re definitely tough and play that way but it seems like they just can’t finish games out.