Howie SZN

ninjapirate

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Ramsey I get, Clowney at his price and this I do not.

Bare minimum you keep him away from other teams, but more importantly you get someone who can actually do something for you out there (when he’s out there)

Truly don’t get this one though, to not put in a claim?!?

Im just sayin, massive talent available this year up for grabs and he doesn’t flinch. 

But Tate was worth a 3rd to him? 

Gordon was free. Could have been a cheap tryout and an easy Agholor replacement, who’s certainly walking next year. 

Puzzling. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Gordon has to have baggage right? If he didn't why wouldn't a worse team than us at least try to snag him for a comp pick going forward.

Very odd.

Even if he only gets to play a couple of games, he doesn't cost much and has so much potential. It still makes no sense, comp pick or not. The risk is next to nothing and the reward could be huge if all goes well. I don't get it.

Anything is better than seeing Mack Hollins out there. But lord help me if Howie claims Moncrief and not Gordon....

Pitts stood to lose that 3rd round Bell comp if he stayed on the roster. So, clearly, teams are very aware of their comp implications. 

9 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Anything is better than seeing Mack Hollins out there. But lord help me if Howie claims Moncrief and not Gordon....

Pitts stood to lose that 3rd round Bell comp if he stayed on the roster. So, clearly, teams are very aware of their comp implications. 

I dont understand why we dont give greg ward a chance. 

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Arguable. But he’s the best gunner we have. 

On kist and solak They through a number out there that was extremely low.

i believe it was tackles and snaps

best argument I’ve heard for him at this point is he’s doing a good job blocking

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

On kist and solak They through a number out there that was extremely low.

i believe it was tackles and snaps

best argument I’ve heard for him at this point is he’s doing a good job blocking

I’m not going to plant my flag on Mack Hollins street but I don’t think he’s been bad on STs. Not enough for me to notice him. As a gunner, you wanna beat blocks and HOPEFULLY make a tackle. Just as long as he gets down and dictates to the returner, force him to the other guys, etc it’s fine. 

Lets be clear, he’s not a good footballer. We can be doing much better. But his value is STs. Clearly. 

To the original point, if you bring up Ward you’re probably cutting someone else. 

Edited by Jroc04

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

I’m not going to plant my flag on Mack Hollins street but I don’t think he’s been bad on STs. Not enough for me to notice him. As a gunner, you wanna beat blocks and HOPEFULLY make a tackle. Just as long as he gets down and dictates to the returner, force him to the other guys, etc it’s fine. 

Lets be clear, he’s not a good footballer. We can be doing much better. But his value is STs. Clearly. 

To the original point, if you bring up Ward you’re probably cutting someone else. 

Yeah he hasn’t been noticeably bad there, but he’s not been playing special teams apparently?!? I’d assume with Desean back he can slide back into it more. But he’s like stuck between the two and not doing anything at either right now 

he’s only been out there a little over 16% of Special teams snaps this year. Obviously he’s not on every team, but he should be on most of them.

On 11/3/2019 at 8:32 AM, Jroc04 said:

On 11/3/2019 at 9:47 AM, Kiltman said:

Yeah he hasn’t been noticeably bad there, but he’s not been playing special teams apparently?!? I’d assume with Desean back he can slide back into it more. But he’s like stuck between the two and not doing anything at either right now 

he’s only been out there a little over 16% of Special teams snaps this year. Obviously he’s not on every team, but he should be on most of them.

I used to be on the Mack Hollins side strictly for special teams but he's played 36 snaps this year on special teams. That's 4 per game, If you take out the Atlanta game where he had 13 special teams snaps it drops down to 2.5 snaps per game which is basically the kickoffs at the beginning of each half.  Of those 36 snaps he's made a single tackle this year.

Listen, I get the importance of having a special teams ace. Matthew Slater on NE in comparison has 164 snaps and 12 tackles. Hollins just ain't it this year.