Howie SZN

ninjapirate

44 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I'd be cool with AB. Innocent until proven guilty. Hate to bring it up but we had Vick. He did do his time but still can't forget what he did. Two different beasts but baggage is baggage. We need a WR. We don't need a great citizen.  Off the field AB I hate. On the field AB I love.  Idgaf  when it comes to the Eagles. I want results

Vick was convicted, paid his dues, was remorseful and on the way to a better path.

AB has shown zero remorse and has yet to have his day in court...civil or otherwise. He’s a basket case. And the way this locker room is would be like pouring rocket fuel on a grease fire. 

now maybe it was all an act, maybe he’d come in and be fine for 8 weeks. But the last two years he’s been rough to deal with.

• Like 2

Seattle was reportedly eyeing him before getting Gordon. And Wilson was supposedly lobbying. Wilson, by all accounts, is a good dude. Checks out for me. Howie has been bad this year. Just be worse and sign him. Make me ashamed and happy at the same time. 

12 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

Can we send Howie back to the janitors closet or wherever Chip put him? Everything he’s done since winning the Super Bowl has backfired 

Stop it. 

Howie does good but we need to 1. Change whoever is in charge of collegiate scouting. and 2. DEVELOP PLAYERS that falls on the likes of Doug and the rest of the coaching staff. We've had all this time without adding fresh youngs guys and now what we're left with is a husk. Howie isn't blameless in this, but if you're really gonna say we should get rid of Howie then you're out of your mind.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Seattle was reportedly eyeing him before getting Gordon. And Wilson was supposedly lobbying. Wilson, by all accounts, is a good dude. Checks out for me. Howie has been bad this year. Just be worse and sign him. Make me ashamed and happy at the same time. 

I’m the last person to have a moral stance against it...who the heck knows what went down.

My only concern is would he just be like dropping a live grenade in the middle of the locker room? 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I’m the last person to have a moral stance against it...who the heck knows what went down.

My only concern is would he just be like dropping a live grenade in the middle of the locker room? 

Exactly. Take the ruckus with TO, and then multiply that tenfold.

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

hOwiEsZN

Surely Howie gets some blame. But pretty silly to think that anyone has the capacity to deal with ALL of those injuries. That cripples any team. And, IMO, not Howie’s fault. I do blame him for not making brainless moves to improve this team though. There’s been at least 4-5 guys, varying in price, that could have been beneficial this year and beyond. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jroc04 said:

Surely Howie gets some blame. But pretty silly to think that anyone has the capacity to deal with ALL of those injuries. That cripples any team. And, IMO, not Howie’s fault. I do blame him for not making brainless moves to improve this team though. There’s been at least 4-5 guys, varying in price, that could have been beneficial this year and beyond. 

Yeah not on him, I don’t even know who controls the medical staff. But some severe lack of preparedness and inaction this year

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Seattle got 3 guys I wanted us to get but we didn't.

Clowney, Metcalf, and Gordon....

Look how good the Seahawks are doing now.

We could've passed on Sanders and JJ, drafted Metcalf and McLaurin, and actually had a really good offense, likely for several years. Instead, we got a cluster puck at WR that will likely be just as bad next year.

Agholor is the Antichrist. JJ can't separate unless he's playing against 3rd stringers in vanilla schemes during a preseason game. D Jax can't and shouldn't be counted on. Alshon should be cut, unless he and our FO wants to admit he's a number 2 WR, and get paid accordingly. Hollins should be in the XFL. We're so screwed next year.

Edited by Jeezla

16 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

We could've passed on Sanders and JJ, drafted Metcalf and McLaurin, and actually had a really good offense, likely for several years. Instead, we got a cluster puck at WR that will likely be just as bad next year.

Agholor is the Antichrist. JJ can't separate unless he's playing against 3rd stringers in vanilla schemes during a preseason game. D Jax can't and shouldn't be counted on. Alshon should be cut, unless he and our FO wants to admit he's a number 2 WR, and get paid accordingly. Hollins should be in the XFL. We're so screwed next year.

The Sanders pick was fine. I wanted AJ Brown but the Titans took him.

53 minutes ago, Danger said:

The Sanders pick was fine. I wanted AJ Brown but the Titans took him.

Sanders is basically Dion Lewis. He's fine, but we could have done better. David Montgomery and Devin Singletary went 20 picks later and are just as good so far.

9 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Sanders is basically Dion Lewis. He's fine, but we could have done better. David Montgomery and Devin Singletary went 20 picks later and are just as good so far.

Eh too early to really condemn it, neither of those guys seem all that dramatic of an impact. Guess the benefit is we could’ve moved down into the 3rd and added one.

Miles has some rough edges he needs to polish up. But he’s starting to click. Has pass pro and receiving down well, adding as much as you really can these days in the KR game. And finally breaking some big runs. Has a ways to go, but as far as skill position picks we tend to make  he’s looked pretty good.

Especially paired with a guy like Howard, potentially great combo going forward 

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Eh too early to really condemn it, neither of those guys seem all that dramatic of an impact. Guess the benefit is we could’ve moved down into the 3rd and added one.

Miles has some rough edges he needs to polish up. But he’s starting to click. Has pass pro and receiving down well, adding as much as you really can these days in the KR game. And finally breaking some big runs. Has a ways to go, but as far as skill position picks we tend to make  he’s looked pretty good.

Especially paired with a guy like Howard, potentially great combo going forward 

He has crap vision and his jukes don't fool anyone. He has only really looked good running the ball when we blow open huge lanes for him. He has kicked butt as a receiver, but if you take a RB in round 2, he should do his primary job of running the ball better than Miles has.

Singletary looks better running the ball and arguably just as good as a receiving RB. We could have easily traded back, taken McLaurin and Metcalf, and then still gotten Singletary or Montgomery. Instead we have a RB that isn't better than either of those 2 RB's, besides maybe pass protection?, and a WR that will end up being a bust, though 9 out of 10 of you will wait a year before you agree.

Edited by Jeezla