Howie SZN

ninjapirate

On 11/4/2019 at 5:45 PM, Kiltman said:

Vick was convicted, paid his dues, was remorseful and on the way to a better path.

AB has shown zero remorse and has yet to have his day in court...civil or otherwise. He’s a basket case. And the way this locker room is would be like pouring rocket fuel on a grease fire. 

now maybe it was all an act, maybe he’d come in and be fine for 8 weeks. But the last two years he’s been rough to deal with.

I get it truly do, But like I said I care about the results on the football field. Our WRs can't cut it atm.

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

30 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Sanders is basically Dion Lewis. He's fine, but we could have done better. David Montgomery and Devin Singletary went 20 picks later and are just as good so far.

I know people hate Penn State but he's better than Dion Lewis and they're really not even similar players.

17 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

He has crap vision and his jukes don't fool anyone. He has only really looked good running the ball when we blow open huge lanes for him. He has kicked butt as a receiver, but if you take a RB in round 2, he should do his primary job of running the ball better than Miles has.

Singletary looks better running the ball and arguably just as good as a receiving RB. We could have easily traded back, taken McLaurin and Metcalf, and then still gotten Singletary or Montgomery. Instead we have a RB that isn't better than either of those 2 RB's, besides maybe pass protection?, and a WR that will end up being a bust, though 9 out of 10 of you will wait a year before you agree.

Difference is Singletary is basically already at his peak. Sanders has so much room to improve. and he looked great against the Bears. Why? Because he wasn't trying to do to much, on plays where there wasn't much there he wasn't trying to force something and instead took the 3 or so yards.

Writing off a rookie after a half season? This is what makes many of you so insufferable.

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

He has crap vision and his jukes don't fool anyone. He has only really looked good running the ball when we blow open huge lanes for him. He has kicked butt as a receiver, but if you take a RB in round 2, he should do his primary job of running the ball better than Miles has.

Singletary looks better running the ball and arguably just as good as a receiving RB. We could have easily traded back, taken McLaurin and Metcalf, and then still gotten Singletary or Montgomery. Instead we have a RB that isn't better than either of those 2 RB's, besides maybe pass protection?, and a WR that will end up being a bust, though 9 out of 10 of you will wait a year before you agree.

Yeah the vision and/or decision making has been bad to start the year, steadily getting better...but a ways to go.

He's an explosive option, so that makes 1 of those in our offense at this point.
A lot of those other backs would definitely be showing better early, had higher floors coming in too. So not surprising.
But on a team devoid of explosive playmakers, getting him and him showing up the times he has as an inexperienced rookie gives me some hope he'll continue to trend upwards.

Total merit to the possibility of moving back and getting another back and one of these other wideouts.
But we could have had Miles and a handful of those guys (Metcalf, Terry, etc) over JJAW.
Which honestly is a nothing property at this point and trending downwards. They should be able to to work in things he can do at this point if he's struggling to grasp the whole thing.
Fact they haven't been able to is concerning. 

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Difference is Singletary is basically already at his peak. Sanders has so much room to improve. and he looked great against the Bears. Why? Because he wasn't trying to do to much, on plays where there wasn't much there he wasn't trying to force something and instead took the 3 or so yards.

Writing off a rookie after a half season? This is what makes many of you so insufferable.

10 carries for 42 yards is supposed to be great? 

I wrote JJ off as soon as I watched his college tape. I'm writing Sanders off as a #1 RB. He could be a quality 3rd down guy, but he doesn't have the vision to be a workhorse. He might not be an outright bust, but I don't think he'll live up to being a 2nd round pick, based on his limitations of having Stevie Wonder-like vision when the OL isn't giving him highways to run through. I don't need to watch 16 games to see he can't see.

11 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah the vision and/or decision making has been bad to start the year, steadily getting better...but a ways to go.

He's an explosive option, so that makes 1 of those in our offense at this point.
A lot of those other backs would definitely be showing better early, had higher floors coming in too. So not surprising.
But on a team devoid of explosive playmakers, getting him and him showing up the times he has as an inexperienced rookie gives me some hope he'll continue to trend upwards.

Total merit to the possibility of moving back and getting another back and one of these other wideouts.
But we could have had Miles and a handful of those guys (Metcalf, Terry, etc) over JJAW.
Which honestly is a nothing property at this point and trending downwards. They should be able to to work in things he can do at this point if he's struggling to grasp the whole thing.
Fact they haven't been able to is concerning. 

Very true. The JJAW pick just makes Miles not being a slam dunk stud even worse. We kinda screwed up our RB pick based on where we took Miles vs the value of RB's that went 20 picks later. We royally screwed up the JJ pick. He can't even get on the field for an injury depleted WR group over Hollins, while the other 2 guys are already their teams #1 and having success against other teams #1 cb's. 

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I get it truly do, But like I said I care about the results on the football field. Our WRs can't cut it atm.

I'd love for it to happen, he gets aquitted of any wrong doing, and its wonderful for all.

Just all evidence is he comes, it's a circus. He gets into it with some leader of the team.
Gets cut, another circus, releases weirdly worded tweets/instagram posts, 

FS1's of the world get him to go on and he rips Wentz, Jenkins, Doug and Howie.
Adds to the narratives and we deal with everything about Wentz for another year despite him being probably the furthest from our problems

So is it worth it to still probably lose to the Pats and Seahawks and beat the Phins like we probably were anyway? before it all boils over.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Very true. The JJAW pick just makes Miles not being a slam dunk stud even worse. We kinda screwed up our RB pick based on where we took Miles vs the value of RB's that went 20 picks later. We royally screwed up the JJ pick. He can't even get on the field for an injury depleted WR group over Hollins, while the other 2 guys are already their teams #1 and having success against other teams #1 cb's.

I really wish it could be "have to wait and see, rookie wideouts can sometimes need a year"...but it hasn't really been the case much.
Certainly happens, DJ Chark taking a step up this year is an example. But to not even get a glimpse is disheartening.

Time machine, I'd be good with picking Miles and DK.
But I can't say taking the Miles pick, trading back into the early 3rd and getting a 4th. Taking DK with the JJAW pick, one of those rbs in the 3rd and getting like Hooker (no clue how he's been) at safety or someone else would have been bad either or even better.

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I really wish it could be "have to wait and see, rookie wideouts can sometimes need a year"...but it hasn't really been the case much.
Certainly happens, DJ Chark taking a step up this year is an example. But to not even get a glimpse is disheartening.

Time machine, I'd be good with picking Miles and DK.
But I can't say taking the Miles pick, trading back into the early 3rd and getting a 4th. Taking DK with the JJAW pick, one of those rbs in the 3rd and getting like Hooker (no clue how he's been) at safety or someone else would have been bad either or even better.

Haven't really paid to attention to how Hooker has looked with the Titans, but I certainly wanted us to draft him.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Haven't really paid to attention to how Hooker has looked with the Titans, but I certainly wanted us to draft him.

Me too. 

But on the wideout thing, undisputable it looks like a severe miss. On the player and with those missed.
With RB I think it's too early to say the same. Especially considering he's coming on and doing a lot of the harder things well and has been doing better with the other stuff.

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Me too. 

But on the wideout thing, undisputable it looks like a severe miss. On the player and with those missed.
With RB I think it's too early to say the same. Especially considering he's coming on and doing a lot of the harder things well and has been doing better with the other stuff.

I don't really think he's been better, I think the OL has been better at making big gaps that even he can't miss. Jordan Howard has looked better too. Unfortunately good OL play doesn't make our WR's any better.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I don't really think he's been better, I think the OL has been better at making big gaps that even he can't miss. Jordan Howard has looked better too. Unfortunately good OL play doesn't make our WR's any better.

Hitting the hole (no matter the size) and running away from trailing defenders is an improvement Id say

9 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I'd love for it to happen, he gets aquitted of any wrong doing, and its wonderful for all.

Just all evidence is he comes, it's a circus. He gets into it with some leader of the team.
Gets cut, another circus, releases weirdly worded tweets/instagram posts, 

FS1's of the world get him to go on and he rips Wentz, Jenkins, Doug and Howie.
Adds to the narratives and we deal with everything about Wentz for another year despite him being probably the furthest from our problems

So is it worth it to still probably lose to the Pats and Seahawks and beat the Phins like we probably were anyway? before it all boils over.

If all that happened then no. They won't sign him though. Howie already passed on quite a few good players via Trades and Waivers . He's being stubborn this year