Howie SZN

ninjapirate

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Does he bring anything to the table at this point that Jeffery doesn't? Other than a hunger that hardly anyone on this team seams to have.

Worth looking at. It has been forever since he has played so he is probably not good at all, but at least get the man a workout and see how he looks.

25 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

He is from Florida. Howie’s aware. 

Yup. Would have been a lock, until I read this:

Two problems, he would cost his new team approximately seven weeks of his fully guaranteed salary valued at $2.4 million. They would also have to pick up Hargreaves’ fifth-year option worth $9.6 million in 2020.

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/11/buccaneers-vernon-hargreaves-cut-eagles-secondary/

No chance.

Edited by DeJack_10

5 hours ago, DeJack_10 said:

6 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

He is from Florida. Howie’s aware. 

Yup. Would have been a lock, until I read this:

Two problems, he would cost his new team approximately seven weeks of his fully guaranteed salary valued at $2.4 million. They would also have to pick up Hargreaves’ fifth-year option worth $9.6 million in 2020.

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/11/buccaneers-vernon-hargreaves-cut-eagles-secondary/

No chance.

If he passes through waivers you’d be fine, right?

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

hasnt he been like really bad in the nfl?

He was an elite prospect during the draft, and I do hear got torched in college when facing NFL talent.

Overall, dude was an animal in man coverage in college. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that it is a coaching issue, and think Undlin can maximize his potential.

12 hours ago, Kiltman said:

If he passes through waivers you’d be fine, right?

Yes, makes sense. Highly doubt a team claims him with that contract.

2 hours ago, DeJack_10 said:

He was an elite prospect during the draft, and I do hear got torched in college when facing NFL talent.

Overall, dude was an animal in man coverage in college. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that it is a coaching issue, and think Undlin can maximize his potential.

Yes, makes sense. Highly doubt a team claims him with that contract.

I lol'd at this...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

I lol'd at this...

Iol... if you want to blame Undlin on the struggles of our secondary, that's ultimately on Schwartz who does not know how to utilize them properly, most noticeably this year.

Remember Undlin coached CHJR during his breakout seasons in the No Fly Zone Era. Last year, the CBs also exceeded expectations in a depleted secondary due to injuries.