Howie SZN

ninjapirate

22 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

So it's a 3 this year and deff a 4 next year. No way they don't extend him, plus Jets are helping pay 4 of the 6 million so that's more money saved. I admittedly don't know much about Williams, but that draft capital seems fair for his services. If the Eagles had done that, I'd have been generally indifferent to it tbh. Like he's solid but.

18 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Very odd deal for the Giants, but I am fine with it. Really want to keep all of our draft picks on day 1/2 at this point, we need to get some young guys coming in and our cap situation going forward isn't great.

With Robby Anderson hopefully coming in, we'll lose one of those day 2 picks.

PHI 'Taking a Shot' at Darius Slay Ahead of Deadline

The Philadelphia Eagles are still looking for cornerback help before Tuesday's trade deadline and could have their eyes on Detroit Lions cornerback Darius Slay.

"They're taking a shot at Darius Slay of the Lions, but the price tag on Slay is very, very high," ESPN's Chris Mortensen said Monday on SportsCenter.

Mortensen noted Denver Broncos cornerback Chris Harris might be a "more realistic" option, but he said the Eagles are going to be "aggressive" after Sunday's win over the Buffalo Bills.

The Eagles are 4-4 after Week 8, just behind the 4-3 Dallas Cowboys in the NFC East.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2860156-eagles-trade-rumors-phi-taking-a-shot-at-darius-slay-ahead-of-deadline

👀

Edited by DeJack_10

If we get Slay it will expose the awful coaching job Schwartz and Udlin are doing because I fully expect the defense to be torched no matter who plays CB. I firmly believe our CBs are not as bad as the stats indicate, it´s the system that is doing them no favors and putting mediocre players with elite level responsibilities. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

If we get Slay it will expose the awful coaching job Schwartz and Udlin are doing because I fully expect the defense to be torched no matter who plays CB. I firmly believe our CBs are not as bad as the stats indicate, it´s the system that is doing them no favors and putting mediocre players with elite level responsibilities. 

Could see it for sure

But Slay would be at least a fast one with good ball skills, so it'd look a little better ha

9 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

oh definitely but still crossing my finger that Dan Quinn is fired and we bring him in as DC

could happen yeah, one thing I like about Slay is he's signed for next year too. So his big extension will come in the new higher cap (from the new CBA)

24 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

oh definitely but still crossing my finger that Dan Quinn is fired and we bring him in as DC

I have been thinking about this as well and would love for it to happen.

But if we finish a top 10 defense, I expect Schwartz to return.

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Whole-heartedly agree. No one on this team is a world beater, but Jim Schwartz is doing his darndest job to make sure they don't succeed. 

• Like 1