Jump to content
Giants4eva

Shurmur Fired, officially stuck with Dopey Dave thread

Recommended Posts

Here is what our offensive line looks like in 2020

On the roster we have:

Nate Solder OT
Kevin Zeitler OG
Spencer Pulley OC
Will Hernandez OG
Nick Gates OG
George Asafo-adjei OT

Seriously, this is it.  That's what we currently have on the active roster for next season.

There isn't a single one of these guys that I'd call top shelf.  

The teams list of erfa/ rfa doesn't scream resign me either

Devante Downs LB ILB ERFA
Eric Smith OL G ERFA
Chad Slade OL RT ERFA
Isaiah Searight REC TE ERFA
Da'Mari Scott REC WR ERFA
Amba Etta-Tawo REC WR ERFA
Grant Haley SEC CB ERFA
Sean Chandler SEC S ERFA
Jon Halapio OL C RFA
Elijhaa Penny RB FB RFA
DaShaun Amos SEC CB RFA
Aldrick Rosas ST K RFA
Colin Holba ST LS RFA

Should be a fun offseason as the team looks to overspend in free agency while we likely end up with a head coach like a Rex Ryan, someone desperate for a job.  Because if the can toss Pat under the bus and blame him for this nightmare they'll do it to anyone.

Jesus I can't stand the situation this GM has put this franchise in.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Here is what our offensive line looks like in 2020

On the roster we have:

Nate Solder OT
Kevin Zeitler OG
Spencer Pulley OC
Will Hernandez OG
Nick Gates OG
George Asafo-adjei OT

Seriously, this is it.  That's what we currently have on the active roster for next season.

There isn't a single one of these guys that I'd call top shelf.  

The teams list of erfa/ rfa doesn't scream resign me either

Devante Downs LB ILB ERFA
Eric Smith OL G ERFA
Chad Slade OL RT ERFA
Isaiah Searight REC TE ERFA
Da'Mari Scott REC WR ERFA
Amba Etta-Tawo REC WR ERFA
Grant Haley SEC CB ERFA
Sean Chandler SEC S ERFA
Jon Halapio OL C RFA
Elijhaa Penny RB FB RFA
DaShaun Amos SEC CB RFA
Aldrick Rosas ST K RFA
Colin Holba ST LS RFA

Should be a fun offseason as the team looks to overspend in free agency while we likely end up with a head coach like a Rex Ryan, someone desperate for a job.  Because if the can toss Pat under the bus and blame him for this nightmare they'll do it to anyone.

Jesus I can't stand the situation this GM has put this franchise in.

 

Looks like that entire group of OL will be back just from a healthy bodies standpoint. This next draft is loaded with some serious olinemen. Me personally Tristan Wirfs is the guy id want but at this point Isaiah Simmons is looking like the way we should go because of how pitiful this defence is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well lets see  what Tisch and Mara do now. I know Tisch is livid with the situation of this team. And if Mara has any balls he'll cut EVERYONE loose. Its truly the only way to restart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Seriously, what kind of coach are we going to end up with, with Gettleman still in charge. 

Only goes downhill from here boys.   

 

 

Jason Garrett.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Looks like that entire group of OL will be back just from a healthy bodies standpoint. This next draft is loaded with some serious olinemen. Me personally Tristan Wirfs is the guy id want but at this point Isaiah Simmons is looking like the way we should go because of how pitiful this defence is.

I wanted to go defense at 2. I think at 4, we need to trade down and get an OL.  A dream scenario would be trading down to 15-20, accumulating a plethora of early 2020 and 2021 picks, going Wirfs or Wills, and Chaisson in second. 

Plus, that would give us the ability to trade up if need be. If someone like Delpit or Moses was there at 25, we’d be fools not to trade up and take them.  

 

@Giants4eva I believe Mara wants to keep DG. Tisch doesn’t. A fair compromise would be leave DG in charge of draft, bring in someone for FA, and give the HC control of roster. The issue with this approach is when DG gets canned, the rest of the staff is kinda a previous regime. Maybe bring in someone as a “GM-in-training” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unreal we retained Gettleman. Good luck finding a head coach now that's gonna wanna work with him. And I cant wait to see now if the next head coach is gonna want Daniel Jones to pilot his offense he brings in. This is exactly why u ship off the GM when u can everyone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Unreal we retained Gettleman. Good luck finding a head coach now that's gonna wanna work with him. And I cant wait to see now if the next head coach is gonna want Daniel Jones to pilot his offense he brings in. This is exactly why u ship off the GM when u can everyone.

 

We are heavily pursuing Rhule. Just don’t see it happening.  I don’t get why the Giants are so scared to go Nuclear..... this half *** rebuild crap hasn’t worked. Embrace the change damnit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kodaraw said:

I wanted to go defense at 2. I think at 4, we need to trade down and get an OL.  A dream scenario would be trading down to 15-20, accumulating a plethora of early 2020 and 2021 picks, going Wirfs or Wills, and Chaisson in second. 

Plus, that would give us the ability to trade up if need be. If someone like Delpit or Moses was there at 25, we’d be fools not to trade up and take them.  

 

@Giants4eva I believe Mara wants to keep DG. Tisch doesn’t. A fair compromise would be leave DG in charge of draft, bring in someone for FA, and give the HC control of roster. The issue with this approach is when DG gets canned, the rest of the staff is kinda a previous regime. Maybe bring in someone as a “GM-in-training” 

Ill be honest with u, a trade down would be the smartest possible move for us at any angle. There is just too many holes on this team. My thought process though is id still like to be stay within in the top 10 to grab a talent like Simmons or Wirfs. Work a trade down to a team in desparate need of one of the QBs like Herbert or Tua (if he enters) but still maintain staying the top 10.  I also believe a guy we may need to keep in our sites is Epenesa out of Iowa.

Edited by Giants4eva

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t understand for the life of me firing Shurmur but keeping Gettleman. Like what’s the point? Shurmur for all his faults hasn’t had the talent to work with. Yet we keep this goof of a GM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I don’t understand for the life of me firing Shurmur but keeping Gettleman. Like what’s the point? Shurmur for all his faults hasn’t had the talent to work with. Yet we keep this goof of a GM. 

John Mara: Something something stability something something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×