Shurmur Fired, officially stuck with Dopey Dave thread

Giants4eva

3 hours ago, GMENNATION said:

1. Agreed.. point is 2 years is not enough time. Just like you're saying I can't claim that draft picks are hits yet, you can't claim they are busts. 

2. Agreed, mismanaged. 

3. I get it, what would you have rather him done? Keep doubling down on Nate Solder?

4. Early signs are positive because Saquon is a top 5 back, Jones looks like he can become a good QB, Dexter Lawrence has looked good, Darius Slayton has looked great, Ryan Connolly looked like he belonged albeit in a very small sample size until he got hurt. Those are all guys I specifically feel good about. Additionally, Julian Love, Will Hernandez, Lorenzo Carter and DeAndre Baker have shown at least some hope. Not that I feel good about them but that they are definitely not busts yet. You do not feel good about Jones and Slayton?

1. Rounds 1-3 should be major building blocks and the only one that I have any confidence right now is a RB.

3. He should have had a backup plan. Our OL was terrible and still is terrible. We should have had a solid swing veteran and maybe use another high pick. We have no one to bench Solder for.

4. With so much potential there needs to be better play all around from the draft picks. It’s not just coaching. We had 5 wins last year and 2 this year. It’s not just coaching we are terrible.

Our 2020 GM needs to go pass rusher and OL with nearly all the picks 

12 hours ago, Kodaraw said:

1) He created the cap hell.  Reese was pretty good at managing the cap.  We have so much dead money from him this year it’s insane. Jonathan Stewart? Patrick Omameh? Paying Elite LT money for an average LT? Signing OBJ to Trade him... etc etc 

2) I miss Vernon and OBJ and Richburg. 

3) Get younger by signing aging veterans (see above) 

4) The larger point about trading for Williams is his misuse of draft capital. He drafted BJ hill with a third. He drafted RJ McIntosh with a fifth. He had Dalvin on the roster. He drafts Lawrence with a first. Then he trades a 3rd and 4/5 for another DT who wants to be paid like an elite defender?  Don’t forget, he traded away Snacks for a fifth. Snacks > Williams.  

Damn right....

If you don't know me, I was beside myself with the transactions that Gettleman was doing.  He completely disassembled a roster that didn't need to be done.  We needed an offensive line primarily.  The defense didn't need to switch to a 34, it's been worse since making that move.  However, it didn't help that he traded any resemblance of this franchise away...Guys that we could have even benefited by keeping on the roster like Snacks, only to spend a first for another one.  

I've said before that he does a decent job of finding talent in the draft, but it's still too early to say for sure.  Where he's messed up is gutting the entire roster and relying on his picks to replace them, which hasn't worked out at all.  

Every thing he does pisses me off....uses the trade block with players and draft picks like he's playing a madden sim.  He's pissed away over 80 million in dead money over the past two seasons.  Who does that.....Arizona, Bills and Dolphins is who.  Jets and Jaguars rank 5th and 6th in that category coming in at 57 million.  Of those listed Dolphins, Bills, Cards and Jets will have a higher available cap than us.  OTC projects the Giants with 61+ million.  

Transactions like trading Odell after signing him to a 6 year deal I believe. 

Unloading what decent players we had for pennies on the dollar, costing the team millions of dollars while they happily play for another team, well maybe not Odell as I'm sure he wishes he had Eli back.  Speaking of which they way the team handled that...  

Trading players like Snacks, Odell, JPP among others, forces the franchise to pay more for talent.  Look at the Golden Tate contract, is he earning his paycheck?  It would have been cheaper to keep Odell and with Manning out this offseason our cap could have easily carried it.  We'll be lucky to even resign what little talent we've got coming into 2020 with 37 players under contract. 

Sorry about the additional lettering and numbers, this is from my mock draft data.  Who do we see worth resigning?  He's have so many holes to fill that Gettleman can't draft fill all the holes and we know how he operates in the free agency.  He's gotta go before he does any more damage to this franchise, I can't take it anymore. 

ERFA D 0980 - Isaiah Searight - TE
ERFA E 0093 - Amba Etta-Tawo - WR
ERFA F 0846 - Eric Smith - LT
ERFA I 0371 - Chad Slade - RG
ERFA N 0724 - Devante Downs - ILB
ERFA O 0913 - Grant Haley - CB
PS/Inactive B 1217 - Jon Hilliman - RB
PS/Inactive D 0885 - Garrett Dickerson - TE
PS/Inactive E 0535 - Da'Mari Scott - WR
PS/Inactive E 0637 - David Sills - WR
PS/Inactive E 0059 - Alex Bachman - WR
PS/Inactive G 0856 - Evan Brown - LG
PS/Inactive L1 0427 - Chris Slayton - 34DT
PS/Inactive O 0708 - Derrick Baity - CB
PS/Inactive P 2005 - Sean Chandler - S
PS/Inactive S 0480 - Colin Holba - LS
RFA B 0827 - Elijhaa Penny - RB
RFA H 1216 - Jon Halapio - C
RFA Q 0053 - Aldrick Rosas - K
UFA A 0822 - Eli Manning - QB
UFA B 0306 - Buck Allen - RB
UFA D 2004 - Scott Simonson - TE
UFA E 0466 - Cody Latimer - WR
UFA E 0461 - Cody Core - WR
UFA E 1953 - Russell Shepard - WR
UFA E 0204 - Bennie Fowler - WR
UFA E 0497 - Corey Coleman - WR
UFA J 1686 - Mike Remmers - RT
UFA K1 1505 - Leonard Williams - 34DE
UFA M1 1583 - Markus Golden - 34OLB
UFA N 0629 - David Mayo - ILB
UFA N 0698 - Deone Bucannon - ILB
UFA O 0145 - Antonio Hamilton - CB
UFA P 1664 - Michael Thomas - S
UFA R 1909 - Riley Dixon - P
UFA S 2347 - Zak DeOssie - LS

8 hours ago, ny92mike said:

God help us if he's still in charge and we end up with pick 2.  Got a feeling he'd trade the farm to move up one spot for Chase.  Pretty sure he doesn't value picks like most teams do.

I still think he’s going to draft Jeudy at 2

1 hour ago, Kodaraw said:

I still think he’s going to draft Jeudy at 2

Jeudy is not even the best receiver on his own team. 

Gettleman won't be here to screw it up. I think Tisch and Mara are going to change the way they operate (at least I hope they do). Matt Rhule wants the Giants, and he wants total autonomy. Give it to him. Simple. No more power struggles or pointing fingers.

19 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

I think after this latest blunder with Janoris Jenkins and the money it is costing us for players whom are not even here.. that Dave Gettleman is officially toast.

What does Jenkins have to do with Gettleman? All the dead money from the past year will be off the books 

55 minutes ago, Acgott said:

What does Jenkins have to do with Gettleman? All the dead money from the past year will be off the books 

Just saying paying more money yet again to another player who wont be here regardless. He's gonna cost 3.5 mill in dead cap next season and he has yet to be paid another 2 mill this year if nobody picks him up. This whole thing  is a mess

7 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Just saying paying more money yet again to another player who wont be here regardless. He's gonna cost 3.5 mill in dead cap next season and he has yet to be paid another 2 mill this year if nobody picks him up. This whole thing  is a mess

Oh please. Jenkins was not Gettleman’s signing and he was likely to get cut even if was playing well. He’s just too expensive for an aging CB

3 hours ago, Acgott said:

We are 2-11. If we were going to move on from him next year, should have traded him by deadline. A 7th is better than nothing. 

1 hour ago, Giants4eva said:

Probably the best news I heard all day. Whats your take on who could replace both ?

I like Dodds from Indy and Caserio from NE for GM.

Rhule as HC and Pierce as DC is a combo thrown around a lot (probably bc Pierce retweets/likes every one of em).  Rhule is in like year 3 of 8 of a big contract and not sure how the buyout works.  

My big desire is the coach uses analytics. Real time in game analytics.  Kevin Stefanski is another name that comes to mind. Robert Saleh, Kris Richards, and Bret Bielema for defensive minded guys.

Josh McDaniels would be interesting if Caserio became GM. Greg Roman and Brian Daboll for offensive minded guys. 

Dark horse candidate is our own Thomas McGaughey.