Here is what our offensive line looks like in 2020

On the roster we have:

Nate Solder OT
Kevin Zeitler OG
Spencer Pulley OC
Will Hernandez OG
Nick Gates OG
George Asafo-adjei OT

Seriously, this is it.  That's what we currently have on the active roster for next season.

There isn't a single one of these guys that I'd call top shelf.  

The teams list of erfa/ rfa doesn't scream resign me either

Devante Downs LB ILB ERFA
Eric Smith OL G ERFA
Chad Slade OL RT ERFA
Isaiah Searight REC TE ERFA
Da'Mari Scott REC WR ERFA
Amba Etta-Tawo REC WR ERFA
Grant Haley SEC CB ERFA
Sean Chandler SEC S ERFA
Jon Halapio OL C RFA
Elijhaa Penny RB FB RFA
DaShaun Amos SEC CB RFA
Aldrick Rosas ST K RFA
Colin Holba ST LS RFA

Should be a fun offseason as the team looks to overspend in free agency while we likely end up with a head coach like a Rex Ryan, someone desperate for a job.  Because if the can toss Pat under the bus and blame him for this nightmare they'll do it to anyone.

Jesus I can't stand the situation this GM has put this franchise in.

8 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Here is what our offensive line looks like in 2020

On the roster we have:

Nate Solder OT
Kevin Zeitler OG
Spencer Pulley OC
Will Hernandez OG
Nick Gates OG
George Asafo-adjei OT

Seriously, this is it.  That's what we currently have on the active roster for next season.

There isn't a single one of these guys that I'd call top shelf.  

The teams list of erfa/ rfa doesn't scream resign me either

Devante Downs LB ILB ERFA
Eric Smith OL G ERFA
Chad Slade OL RT ERFA
Isaiah Searight REC TE ERFA
Da'Mari Scott REC WR ERFA
Amba Etta-Tawo REC WR ERFA
Grant Haley SEC CB ERFA
Sean Chandler SEC S ERFA
Jon Halapio OL C RFA
Elijhaa Penny RB FB RFA
DaShaun Amos SEC CB RFA
Aldrick Rosas ST K RFA
Colin Holba ST LS RFA

Should be a fun offseason as the team looks to overspend in free agency while we likely end up with a head coach like a Rex Ryan, someone desperate for a job.  Because if the can toss Pat under the bus and blame him for this nightmare they'll do it to anyone.

Jesus I can't stand the situation this GM has put this franchise in.

Looks like that entire group of OL will be back just from a healthy bodies standpoint. This next draft is loaded with some serious olinemen. Me personally Tristan Wirfs is the guy id want but at this point Isaiah Simmons is looking like the way we should go because of how pitiful this defence is.

30 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Looks like that entire group of OL will be back just from a healthy bodies standpoint. This next draft is loaded with some serious olinemen. Me personally Tristan Wirfs is the guy id want but at this point Isaiah Simmons is looking like the way we should go because of how pitiful this defence is.

I wanted to go defense at 2. I think at 4, we need to trade down and get an OL.  A dream scenario would be trading down to 15-20, accumulating a plethora of early 2020 and 2021 picks, going Wirfs or Wills, and Chaisson in second. 

Plus, that would give us the ability to trade up if need be. If someone like Delpit or Moses was there at 25, we’d be fools not to trade up and take them.  

@Giants4eva I believe Mara wants to keep DG. Tisch doesn’t. A fair compromise would be leave DG in charge of draft, bring in someone for FA, and give the HC control of roster. The issue with this approach is when DG gets canned, the rest of the staff is kinda a previous regime. Maybe bring in someone as a “GM-in-training” 

16 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Unreal we retained Gettleman. Good luck finding a head coach now that's gonna wanna work with him. And I cant wait to see now if the next head coach is gonna want Daniel Jones to pilot his offense he brings in. This is exactly why u ship off the GM when u can everyone.

We are heavily pursuing Rhule. Just don’t see it happening.  I don’t get why the Giants are so scared to go Nuclear..... this half *** rebuild crap hasn’t worked. Embrace the change damnit 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kodaraw said:

I wanted to go defense at 2. I think at 4, we need to trade down and get an OL.  A dream scenario would be trading down to 15-20, accumulating a plethora of early 2020 and 2021 picks, going Wirfs or Wills, and Chaisson in second. 

Plus, that would give us the ability to trade up if need be. If someone like Delpit or Moses was there at 25, we’d be fools not to trade up and take them.  

@Giants4eva I believe Mara wants to keep DG. Tisch doesn’t. A fair compromise would be leave DG in charge of draft, bring in someone for FA, and give the HC control of roster. The issue with this approach is when DG gets canned, the rest of the staff is kinda a previous regime. Maybe bring in someone as a “GM-in-training” 

Ill be honest with u, a trade down would be the smartest possible move for us at any angle. There is just too many holes on this team. My thought process though is id still like to be stay within in the top 10 to grab a talent like Simmons or Wirfs. Work a trade down to a team in desparate need of one of the QBs like Herbert or Tua (if he enters) but still maintain staying the top 10.  I also believe a guy we may need to keep in our sites is Epenesa out of Iowa.

Edited by Giants4eva

• 8 months later...

OK, I know I am late, but I wanted to give my two cents.

The Giants are the second team where Shurmur failed as HC. The first? The Browns.

Typically, those who fail as HC with two teams, with one of them being the Browns, are never hired as a head coach again. This doesn't necessarily disqualify them from other coaching positions.

Shurmur was able to find a job as Denver's OC. But OC anywhere is probably the highest he will get for the rest of his coaching career.

Similarly, Romeo Crennel failed with both Cleveland and KC. While he is the assistant HC with Houston, I doubt he is ever hired as a full-fledged HC in the NFL again.

11 minutes ago, pf9 said:

The Giants are the second team where Shurmur failed as HC. The first? The Browns.

Typically, those who fail as HC with two teams, with one of them being the Browns, are never hired as a head coach again. This doesn't necessarily disqualify them from other coaching positions.

Shurmur was able to find a job as Denver's OC. But OC anywhere is probably the highest he will get for the rest of his coaching career.

Similarly, Romeo Crennel failed with both Cleveland and KC. While he is the assistant HC with Houston, I doubt he is ever hired as a full-fledged HC in the NFL again.

I do not think this is a Browns problem. The sample size is too small and there aren't a lot head coach for 3 different teams.

Marty was with Browns

Belicheck as well 

1 hour ago, pf9 said:

What is the point of this? Saying Shurmur was a bad hire, clearly he was.