Shurmur Fired, officially stuck with Dopey Dave thread

Giants4eva

10 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

I really can see that happening. Our ownership shows more restraint and more patience that literally anybody else in the NFL. Sometimes they wait too long. But i think that Mara and Tisch have Bettcher in their cross hairs at this point. 

If we are savvy, we fire Bettcher and steal Kris Richard from Dallas. If we are smart, we fire Shurmur and the whole staff. He's a proven loser at this point.

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Not to hijack the thread but how’s Julian Love doing this year? He was my favorite corner in the draft. 

He hasn't seen the field, which is baffling to me, as Antoine Bethea has been garbage and we converted Love to safety. I think he'll start seeing snaps soon; Ballentine, another young corner, didn't see the field except on special teams, and he finally got his first start at nickel this past game.

On 11/6/2019 at 4:03 PM, minutemancl said:

If we are savvy, we fire Bettcher and steal Kris Richard from Dallas. If we are smart, we fire Shurmur and the whole staff. He's a proven loser at this point.

I understand that the team is young and they've had to rebuild, but at some point all the losses need to matter right? I keep thinking about how Sean McVay turned around the Rams in one year. Obviously it's not an apple to apples comparison but at what point are all the losses on your resume just...your resume?  

The Giants have surrendered at least 27 points nine times this season, which is a league-high. They’ve also surrendered at least 31 points six times, which is tied for the league lead (Buccaneers).

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/11/new-york-giants-jets-statistics-numbers-broken-records/?utm_source=smg&utm_medium=fishburne&utm_content=home-latest-news

18 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Matt Rhule. I want Matt Rhule. Give me someone young and exciting for once. Maybe they'll counteract the stiff, old, stick-up-their-butt Giants ownership. 

He just signed like a 8 year contract with Baylor. I’d like Kris Richards but doubt he leaves Dallas.  Greg Roman would be nice, too.  I don’t think Gettleman will hire any of those. It’ll probably be someone like Romeo Crenell or some other old longtime coach. 

I am also anticipating Gettleman to spend a lot of money on bad FA signings.  I would like us to sign Rodney Hudson, Shaq Thompson, and I feel like we are black balled into signing Leonard Williams but I would way prefer Chris Jones. I am on the fence about signing Daryl Williams mainly bc it’s a decent OL class, but we need 3 new starters. 

I would also take a flier on Beasley and maybe someone like Vonn Bell or Karl Joseph. 

Honestly, we need LT, RT, OC, ILB, Edge, FS, SS, possibly WR, K, CB and major depth. We are years away. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Would be neat to trade pick 3 for a lot more but I think it’s more likely we’d trade up from 3 to 1 to draft The Jonathan Taylor!!!!!!  “Why have one RB drafted in top 5, when you can have 2?” - Dave Gettleman, probably