Shurmur Fired, officially stuck with Dopey Dave thread

Giants4eva

I think there is a very high chance someone trades up to take a QB at #2. That means we'd be in a position to draft Chase Young. In the off chance he does get taken before us, I go top OL on the board or trade down. I know the trade down seems crazy when we need elite talent but if we're going back a few spots, you're not losing that much value and you're picking up HIGH draft picks for the future. 

We still have a lot of money to spend in FA so plugging holes in the short term should be doable. 

3 hours ago, GMENNATION said:

I think there is a very high chance someone trades up to take a QB at #2. That means we'd be in a position to draft Chase Young. In the off chance he does get taken before us, I go top OL on the board or trade down. I know the trade down seems crazy when we need elite talent but if we're going back a few spots, you're not losing that much value and you're picking up HIGH draft picks for the future. 

We still have a lot of money to spend in FA so plugging holes in the short term should be doable. 

Really for me i dont see a trade up by some teams. If the Redskins are at #2, i dont see them being a seller unless they are only dropping a few spots. If im DG id entertain a trade down as well but same exact situation falls upon us. If we do a trade down.. it should only be a few spots to still come away with an elite talent. And honestly if we lose out on both Young AND Thomas i would trade down. This team is so devoid of talent in so many spots, a multiple pick trade would be very welcoming. 

On 11/20/2019 at 2:39 PM, Danger said:

Shurmur is an offensive guy, so I'm willing to give him a bit of pass on the defensive side of things. For DJ's sake, it'd be best to at least give Shurmur 1 more year and not flip the script on DJ.

I think the consensus is Shurmur is gonna get 1 more year with the team. Jones development is what will make or break Shurmur. But Shurmur knows full well already they want him to shi-can James Bettcher. This teams biggest problem is the defense. And Bettcher will be seeing the door more than likely after the seasons over. 

Shurmur is currently 17-43 as a head coach. That works out to a robust .283 winning percentage 

But hey, at least he's an "adult" right Dave? Stand up there and take some questions to take some heat off of your coach and team you coward. 

That Leonard Williams trade looks really bad. 

I hope all this losing doesn't infect the young guys. 

You won't see me around here much until things change. Like any other business, you can't expect to put out a crappy product and expect people to keep enthusiasm for it. I'll be a more quiet fan until the team gives me something to cheer about. Football effects my mood too much and the Giants suck too bad to be so invested in it.

Here's what even more concerning now that we are approached 4 weeks left of this misery of a season. Who in their right mind wants to come in here and even coach this team? There's alot of the dreaded "p" word (potential) that is sitting on offense and like zero anything sitting on defence. And besides the coach what free agent is wanting to play for a team that is going to take a long time to become even playoff contenders?.. This is as bad as ive ever seen