Shurmur Fired, officially stuck with Dopey Dave thread

Giants4eva

2 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Doesn’t even mention Leonard Williams which was the most boneheaded move of the regime. We’d be better off with the two picks and keeping Dalvin Tomlinson for cheaper, but he’s one of Reese’s guys...

Funny you say that. I’ve seen 3-4 more mocks with quality OT/OC going at the top 3rd round pick. Instead we get a DT with “potential” even though we have 754 DT.  We’re gonna lose out a premium player for a guy that “doesn’t show up on stat sheets” 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2866322-giants-rumors-pat-shurmur-expected-to-be-fired-gm-dave-gettleman-in-trouble

I think Shurmur is a goner but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Gettleman survives. 

Shurmur is absolutely a dead man walking and everyone, including him, knows it. Gettleman is the big question. I'm leaning towards them firing him as well. I think that Tisch comment a few days ago says they may bring in someone that doesn't have ties to the Giants to be a new GM. Caserio, Riddick would be great hires. If the Giants want to get someone from the Patriots, can't beat Caserio to change the culture.

45 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Shurmur is absolutely a dead man walking and everyone, including him, knows it. Gettleman is the big question. I'm leaning towards them firing him as well. I think that Tisch comment a few days ago says they may bring in someone that doesn't have ties to the Giants to be a new GM. Caserio, Riddick would be great hires. If the Giants want to get someone from the Patriots, can't beat Caserio to change the culture.

Caserio or Dodds. Our roster is pretty terrible... Players I would rate as solid starters or better: 

Offense:

Barkley, Shepherd, Engram, Slayton, Jones, Hernandez, Zeitler.

Defense:

Love, Tomlinson, Golden, Connelly. 

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Here's something to think about- if the Giants fire everyone and bring in a new HC/GM, and end up with the first overall pick, do they take Burrow?

I'm not sure I see the Giants out-sucking the Bengals. If that happens though I'd like to see the Giants for whatever reason don't take Chase Young, I'd like to see a trade out. God knows we need picks especially after Gettleman's absolute blockbuster of a trade for Leonard Williams. 

I'd like to see Daniel get more time. He's a gritty kid I think he'll turn out ok. 

19 hours ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

So do y'all think that tying the franchise record for consecutive losses will be enough to convince the ownership that there's a problem?

3 games left. 

My fear is they win 2 out of the last 3 and upper management sees it as progress, and maybe this staff should get one more season! Then we'll have to suffer through another 4-12 season next year :$

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shockey1979 said:

My fear is they win 2 out of the last 3 and upper management sees it as progress, and maybe this staff should get one more season! Then we'll have to suffer through another 4-12 season next year :$

The Dolphins are absolutely going to beat us this week. Then we are going to smoke Washington like normal, then we'll lose to the Eagles again to end the season. 3-13.

Good news is the tiebreaker for the draft when 2 teams have the same record is SOS. Ours is incredibly low, so we'd get the nod over Washington if we both finish 3-13. If Cincinnati wins one more game and we don't, we have the first overall pick.

17 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Here's something to think about- if the Giants fire everyone and bring in a new HC/GM, and end up with the first overall pick, do they take Burrow?

This is a very legitimate question. Considering that if Gettleman gets fired. Would the new GM coming in want Jones as their QB? Me personally, i think DJ has got all the tools to be a franchise quarterback. But being an armchair GM doesnt work in reality. I cant stomach Todd McShay but he even had written an article the other day about the possibility of us drafting a QB as well if upper management wants to hand the reigns over to someone new and felt that Jones wasnt the kindve qb to pilot their offense. The #1 or #2 pick has historically been a QB or an elite lineman on either side of the ball. 

Edited by Giants4eva