How much do you trust BA?

ravishingone

As lomg as he is employed, he is the czar of the entire football operation.  Licht or another GM will be his puppet.  He is right now skewering his team publically.  

Is he another HC who lost his fastball in Tampa?  Or is this just part of the process of getting a franchise out of the gutter?

Guaranteed if social  media was around during Dungy s first year, he would have been roasted.

This is the real discussion going fwd, IMO.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

As lomg as he is employed, he is the czar of the entire football operation.  Licht or another GM will be his puppet.  He is right now skewering his team publically.  

Is he another HC who lost his fastball in Tampa?  Or is this just part of the process of getting a franchise out of the gutter?

Guaranteed if social  media was around during Dungy s first year, he would have been roasted.

This is the real discussion going fwd, IMO.

I trust him...   I still question that fourth-down call earlier today  even with his explanation, but yea other than that hes good. I just don't know if Byron is making those calls or does Arians input count?  just not really sure but I'm sure he knew the 4th down call before it was called.  Compared to what we have had I think he is doing well.   I like how he calls out players and makes them accountable.  I think some of the scheme and stuff he does is a bit old school or outdated but most of it has been working and all coaches as a fan you will question certain things they do etc...  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

I trust him...   I still question that fourth-down call earlier today  even with his explanation, but yea other than that hes good. I just don't know if Byron is making those calls or does Arians input count?  just not really sure but I'm sure he knew the 4th down call before it was called.  Compared to what we have had I think he is doing well.   I like how he calls out players and makes them accountable.  I think some of the scheme and stuff he does is a bit old school or outdated but most of it has been working and all coaches as a fan you will question certain things they do etc...  

This is where it gets interesting.  By calling out his players in his press conference, he is basically saying it s on the players not coordinators.  

That 4 th down play was a claasic example.  Run psss call, Jensen gets abused, game over.  Bad play call or bad execution.  The Perriman debacle at the goal line was a mistime by Winston, but pretty sure there was a lane for Barber to run.  

I don t see BA taking play calling from Leftwich, if he is killing the execution of his players.

Why is BA not the playcaller? Or why will be not take it back? Pretty sure anyone would say he is a better playcaller than Byron. This is something that is concerning. I understand the health concerns reason and if calling plays really is the difference between a heart attack and not, then ok. But if that’s not it we need something else, someone else, calling plays while Leftwich learns some more.

Second thought. If Winston is gone will the Glazers Fire Licht or keep him on and give Bruce the green light to pick the QB he wants? Bruce loses the GM he likes and has to develop a rookie, would he stick around? He had to of thought this could have been an outcome after this season but he’s got a ton of confidence. Maybe he didn’t think it would come to possibly losing Jameis and Jason after this season.

6 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Second thought. If Winston is gone will the Glazers Fire Licht or keep him on and give Bruce the green light to pick the QB he wants? Bruce loses the GM he likes and has to develop a rookie, would he stick around? He had to of thought this could have been an outcome after this season but he’s got a ton of confidence. Maybe he didn’t think it would come to possibly losing Jameis and Jason after this season.

I believe BA has full autonomy, and will continue to make all personnel decisions.  The last time the Glazers gave full autonomy to a HC was Lovie and they asked for changes after his second yr.  Before that was Gruden and the free fall has been ongoing.

I have little doubt the Glazers will trust BA to make the decision at the QB position for next season.  

If the Glazers clean out the entire regime after one yr, it s total roster turnover.  Cleveland went that route with firing Chudzinski and as much as everyone likes the current roster, they still haven t done much.  The Niners fired Kelly after one season and gave Shannahan and Lynch 7 yr contracts 

So unless his health fails, this will continue to be a BA production.  I just have a feeling he is going to make some decisions that is goimg to really upset the fan base.  In the end, winning only matters.

55 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

So assuming BA has full autonomy, I’d think it’s unlikely Licht is fired from his position. So if BA wants to draft a new QB, I guess Licht essentially gets to draft a second one as well.

We all know the topics that will generate anger in the fan base.  Licht is one of those topics.

It s damgerous to alter the authority structure after 1 yr.  BA was given total control after 1 yr, no need to change after 1 season.  Only works in Madden