JJ Watt likely done for year

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

mentioned this in our Forum but I’d hope that Elway is calling BoB offering Derek Wolfe & Harris Jr. to get the rest of the 2020 draft picks (2nd, 5th, 7th) and maybe the 2021 3rd-4th.  

I think we have a few 2020 3rds laying around here. We traded one for Duke Johnson and one for Gaeron Conley, but I think we still have the comp pick that's going to be earned for Tyrann Mathieu (might even get one for your guy Kareem).

I'd do a 2/3 for CHJ, Wolfe and maybe a 5th our way.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think we have a few 2020 3rds laying around here. We traded one for Duke Johnson and one for Gaeron Conley, but I think we still have the comp pick that's going to be earned for Tyrann Mathieu (might even get one for your guy Kareem).

I'd do a 2/3 for CHJ, Wolfe and maybe a 5th our way.

IIRC the 2020 comp picks aren't tradeable now since they're not locked in (as we've seen with roster cuts affecting status, along with multiplier ratios depending on games started <very important, how we lost our 3rd comp with the Osweiler contract after 2016> and offseason awards <less important>).   Sadly (they are tradeable in offseason but they have to be locked in first, they're not now).

Edited by Broncofan

9 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

IIRC the 2020 comp picks aren't tradeable now since they're not locked in (as we've seen with roster cuts affecting status, along with multiplier ratios depending on games started <very important, how we lost our 3rd comp with the Osweiler contract after 2016> and offseason awards <less important>).   Sadly (they are tradeable in offseason but they have to be locked in first, they're not now).

That makes sense...

Very sad, but I don't exactly agree with sentiment that his prime was "wasted" or his career is a tragedy. He's still a 3x DPOY, HOF lock. Same category as Gronk. We didn't get to see as much as him as we should have, but we saw plenty, enough that he will be remembered and enshrined (not to say his storybook is closed, we'll see).