JJ Watt likely done for year

WizardHawk

7 minutes ago, Jaytrajik said:

I'd bet my house that he's clean. He's too wholesome of a player to tarnish his legacy like that. Me thinks the tear was exaggerated and not as bad as it was initially reported. Only plausible thing I can think of. 

Given that there's no effective testing protocol for HGH (there IS, but it's not approved by the NFL or NFLPA) I'd say it would be a low risk move on his part - he could use it, heal up really quickly and even if he was subjected to league testing, he'd pass.

Don't get me wrong, I could be incorrect and the tear could be light. Furthermore, I am actually a proponent of monitored HGH usage in sports (in very specific situations, specifically injury recovery). The positives outweigh the negatives in terms of recovery, and it'll lessen the dependency on opiates and pain killers that the league depends on. 

If Watt was/is using HGH, it means he's not being shot up with enough Toridol/Diladuid to numb an elephant. (Which is a GREAT thing in the long run).

41 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm pretty certain this is the case. Only way I can see someone get ready THAT quickly.

FWIW, Kwon Alexander has the same injury and appears ready to come back as well. He's about 2 weeks behind JJ. Some people are just genetically different.  

That being said, Kwon does have a prior PED suspension lol, so something like HGH probably isn't that far of a stone's throw. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dome said:

If they ever come out with an HGH breakfast cereal, I’ll live to be 127

Bingo - if managed correctly, under the supervision of a medical professional (and not some dude named Gunther at the gym) it's really good stuff.

Just now, ET80 said:

Bingo - if managed correctly, under the supervision of a medical professional (and not some dude named Gunther at the gym) it's really good stuff.

The guy at my Gym is named Brock, so I think I'm okay to just follow his instructions in that regard. 

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Jaytrajik said:

I'd bet my house that he's clean. He's too wholesome of a player to tarnish his legacy like that. Me thinks the tear was exaggerated and not as bad as it was initially reported. Only plausible thing I can think of. 

Him and peyton manning

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think steroids are worth the risk too, if done properly. 

The only moral problem I have with any of it is that cheating is cheating.  But even that’s a grey area with so many people taking performance enhancers.

• Like 1

One thing that's being talked about - Watt is priming up for one last playoff run, and he's going to retire after this season. It's speculation, but it's worthy of note.

His personal life has grown (he's engaged to Houston Dash soccer player Kealia Ohai and is probably getting married very soon) and he's got life pretty much lined up outside of football, with his various business dealings and charities - with how his body is breaking down, it's probably for the best he walks away while he can, and an improbable playoff return would be the capstone on a HoF career - win or loss. Watt retiring should free up some money to go get a reliable pass rusher, which will be the biggest need on the team; Finding someone who can get to the QB, and we know it's not going to be a first round pick that fills said need.

I heard Seahawks DE Jadevion Clowney will be on the market. Maybe the Texans can get him. xD

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Given that there's no effective testing protocol for HGH (there IS, but it's not approved by the NFL or NFLPA) I'd say it would be a low risk move on his part - he could use it, heal up really quickly and even if he was subjected to league testing, he'd pass.

If I know anything about JJ Watt, he's not on steroids or HGH. He's on 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name.

• Like 9

I mean, there's a huge difference being associated with HGH/Steroids and testing positive for them in most cases.  As long as Watt never tests positive for anything then it's not an issue at all in regards to his legacy.  However, one positive test and his legacy would be impacted.  He's still a great player either way.