Lamar Jackson vs. Ryan Tannehill

Nazgul

52 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

People bent over backwards all season to invent arbitrary criteria and huddles for Lamar to prove himself. No one points out that Tannehill has beaten one .500+ team and was incredibly lucky to do so. 

Y’all don’t realize this is a joke thread 

44 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I realize that no one with half a brain is saying Tannehill is having a better season that Lamar. But I'm also wondering why we aren't giving Tannehill's, obviously standout, metrics some more scrutiny.

Because he’s not having the year Jackson is. Aaron Rodgers is quietly having himself a good season. So is Kirk Cousins. They’re not under as much scrutiny either - they’re not hitting those heights. 

Also, Tannehill playing like this is borderline meme-able. It happens when (apparently) mediocre guys overachieve. See: Tebow, Minshew, Alex Caruso, etc. People are rooting for him because they don’t really feel the need to fear him, unlike Jackson. 

I want to start a betting pool. Who drops it first - Some fans on FF with the “people doubted/discredit Lamar” spiel or Lamar himself with “Y’all still think I’m a running back?”

6 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I want to start a betting pool. Who drops it first - Some fans on FF with the “people doubted/discredit Lamar” spiel or Lamar himself with “Y’all still think I’m a running back?”

This will not be dropped. Ever. Sorry. Find a new forum. Find a new internet. Find a new reality. It will not be forgotten.

3 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

This will not be dropped. Ever. Sorry. Find a new forum. Find a new internet. Find a new reality. It will not be forgotten.

Forgotten = / = dropped. 

It’s one thing to not forget it, it’s another to be the “found the vegan” guy in the room lol. 

11 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I realize that no one with half a brain is saying Tannehill is having a better season that Lamar. But I'm also wondering why we aren't giving Tannehill's, obviously standout, metrics some more scrutiny.

Because he is considered a bust

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Lamar + Wilson + Tannehill are neck and neck in the MVP contest, I think that could be somewhat true if you replace Tannehill with Derrick Henry.

That said the award is voted on at the conclusion of the regular season, and taking your team to the playoffs hold weight, but what happens in the playoffs is too late -- the voting is finished just presentation awaits. Under those circumstances it should be unanimously Lamar Jackson.

That said Russell Wilson has had a great year, and is carrying his team into the second round of the playoffs right now with three RBs and his TE out. Derrick Henry is over 1900 yards rushing including these two playoff games and over with 1273 rushing yards and 11 rushing TDs since week 10. That's insanity. He has taken a middle of the pack team with some playoff hopes to carrying them into the playoffs (211 rushing yards in a must win week 17), then 182 against the Patriots in the wild card, and 195 against the top seeded Ravens. If playoffs counted I think Henry would have a real case, but that's not how the award works. Christian McCafferey was in the conversation until about week 10, when he stopped rushing over 100 in any given game and Lamar took hold of the award and the Panthers eliminated themselves from the postseason.