WEEK 9 · Sun 11/03 · 4:25 Broncos

sonny44

Well, when we limit the mistakes, poor play calling and dumb penalties maybe we can think about winning a game or two.  The talent is there.

Last year we won 7 games; more than that really since the officials cost us two wins for a loss and a tie.  Then we acquired all sorts of talent over the off season and we seem to be not as good as last year, ugh.

But hope springs eternal so I am predicting a convincing win over the Broncs.

What do you think?  Which Browns team will show up?

Edited by sonny44
edit
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The Browns lose 21 to 10 AT Mile High.

They commit double digit penalties.

They turn the ball over 3+ times.

Offensive woes and frustration continues until I'm proven otherwise.

If they lose to Denver, I don’t see how there isn’t widespread panic and some sort of change made. My guess is that it would happen on the offensive side of the ball. Someone would be held accountable for that. 

I think they get on track against a bad team this week though. Joe Flacco is horrendous at this stage. If they can even remotely limit the mistakes, they should be fine. Run the offense through Nick Chubb. 

Just now, MWil23 said:

Serious question for you guys:

What exactly makes you to believe on the OFFENSIVE SIDE of the ball that we are going to go there and pull out a win?

Nick Chubb. The Broncos can’t score points. Don’t get cute, run the ball and win 17 to 13. Run it and have some timely passes. Don’t overthink this one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

What exactly makes you to believe on the OFFENSIVE SIDE of the ball that we are going to go there and pull out a win?

Nick Chubb.

Not playing the 9ers and Patriots defenses (amongst others).

Baker can’t possibly get any unluckier as far as turnovers go.

Getting Hunt back.

13 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Nick Chubb. The Broncos can’t score points. Don’t get cute, run the ball and win 17 to 13. Run it and have some timely passes. Don’t overthink this one.

That's fine. Hopefully Baker doesn't turn it over for the 20th straight game.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Nick Chubb.

Not playing the 9ers and Patriots defenses (amongst others).

Or the Jets and Titans defenses either I'd assume?

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Baker can’t possibly get any unluckier as far as turnovers go.

Getting Hunt back.

I thought that Hunt was back after the Broncos since it was 8 games, not 8 weeks. Is that correct?

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

That's fine. Hopefully Baker doesn't turn it over for the 20th straight game.

Or the Jets and Titans defenses either I'd assume?

I thought that Hunt was back after the Broncos since it was 8 games, not 8 weeks. Is that correct?

I meant long term with Hunt.

And you’re the worst.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I meant long term with Hunt.

And you’re the worst.

I'm angry. I've been patient. I want and demand results. It's been 20 years. This is beyond an embarrassment. There's no excuse for this. Turnovers, undisciplined penalties, inability to utilize weapons that we have, etc. 

Like I said, I'm giving it another 25 games, but I expect progression. This has been regression everywhere except for the running game from an offensive standpoint. Right now, Steve Wilks is about the only person that I don't fault in this organization.

I don't think that I'm being unfair either. This team is 2-5 and in the bottom 10 of the league. It's not like we are 3-4 or 4-3 with really close losses against teams that are better than us.

We got blown out by the Titans.

We struggled against the Jets.

We got embarrassed by the 49ers.

We looked REALLY solid against the Ravens.

We had a comedy of errors in the 1st Quarter coming off of a bye week yesterday.

We couldn't capitalize against the Rams.

I'm more concerned about the process than the resulting losses on Sundays/Mondays. JMHO

36 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Denver isn’t New England. As @NateDawg and @LETSGOBROWNIES said Chubb can win this game for us. The refs should be better this game...uhh yeah I’ll get back to that. I know you’ll hate this one, Baker’s accuracy is coming back. He threw some dimes yesterday. At least two of his plays should have been big plays. He continues to get bad luck plays, those eventually SHOULD even out. McCray played better than Robinson. No penalties from him. Another week in practice and he should be better. Higgins will have another week of practice, he should get better. 

The only thing I’m nervous about is going up to the high altitude. It’s a lot harder than people think. If we can overcome that we can win. Oh and refs. Yeah that too. 

If we lose to the Broncos, then it might be time to start panicking. Denver isn't a horrible team, but they're not good either and we clearly have more talent than them. Losing to SF, Seattle and New England sucks, but those are all really talented and well coached teams. Losing to Denver and falling to 2-6 is inexcusable.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DawgX said:

If we lose to the Broncos, then it might be time to start panicking. Denver isn't a horrible team, but they're not good either and we clearly have more talent than them. Losing to SF, Seattle and New England sucks, but those are all really talented and well coached teams. Losing to Denver and falling to 2-6 is inexcusable.

This is pretty much we’re im at. If we lose in Denver, I think the wheels fall off tbh.  

I want to be patient and give Freddie and Co some time to get their feet underneath them, but I need to see something soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I live out in Denver now and the fans here complain way more about the officiating than even we do.   Ask a Broncos fan and they will tell you they have not gotten a single call this eason go their way. The Broncos look fairly inept most of the time on both sides of the ball this season and Flacco just threw their coaching staff under the bus. Something has got to give and as bad as the Browns have looked I think the Broncos have looked worse, having watched all the games of both teams.

I do think the Browns win this one maybe 21-10, but if not it would not be the biggest surprise.