WEEK 9 · Sun 11/03 · 4:25 Broncos

sonny44

On 11/1/2019 at 4:30 PM, BrownsDog23 said:

I don’t think anybody really wants/expects Freddie to be fired right now but I’m not buying those excuses listed above for our record being 2-5. We didn’t lose to any of those teams because they were simply better than us with the exception of SF, every other lose came due to penalties and poor play calling. The pick against NE was neither Baker or Bits fault, it was just poorly designed play 

I would disagree with this point.....I would say that the losses occurred due to missed tackles, Back to Back Fumbles on plays, WR's dropping the ball in the endzone while tipping it to the defense and our team being built to depend on a bunch of Rookie and 2nd year guys....a few of whom are having the dreaded Sophomore slump.

IMO the play calling has improved every week.....no more draws on 4th and 9......the implementation of a screen game, and the ball being moved up and down the field (not as well as we'd like) in the last 3 games (even though we are not scoring TD's and settling for FG's)

On 11/1/2019 at 6:09 PM, Thomas5737 said:

and it was 100% on Bitonio. He needed to make initial contact and then his job was done but he failed to get his hands on his "Guy" until he was already in the backfield and then he just shoved him into Landry which didn't help matters at all. It was a well designed play but one player failed to execute and sometimes that is all it takes.

There have been many poorly designed plays, most in the first handful of games but this wasn't one of those.

8b0.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sonny44 said:

I think replays of the SF game should be rammed down our throats daily.  Football is still about blocking and tackling.  We didn't even belong on the field with them.

To be fair, we also caught them at home coming off their bye. (Not that we’d have beaten them either way, but it may not have looked as ugly).

The NFL wasn’t very nice to us schedule wise.

• Like 1