Sign in to follow this  
Texansfan713

Bill O'Brien Hot Seat Thread

Now that I had time to cool off a little bit this is easily one of the top 3 dumbest decisions this franchise has made, and thats saying something.

So let me get this straight.  Titans fire Mularkey after winning a playoff game and losing round 2 yet we are extending O'Brien?  God I hate this organization.

11 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

God I hate this organization.

Good thing you're "officially done" with them. 

4 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Good thing you're "officially done" with them. 

read the post at the top. 

what does it matter if we give OB an extension if we can just fire/trade him at any point? 

i mean i get why people are frustrated but im not seeing anybody out there that i particularly like more than giving OB another chance

13 hours ago, tab said:

what does it matter if we give OB an extension if we can just fire/trade him at any point? 

i mean i get why people are frustrated but im not seeing anybody out there that i particularly like more than giving OB another chance

because they could have waited his last year to decide if he is worth the extension.  Coaches contracts are fully guaranteed, so basically if they fire him before his extension ends they are wasting money and admitting to a bad mistake. 

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

because they could have waited his last year to decide if he is worth the extension.  Coaches contracts are fully guaranteed, so basically if they fire him before his extension ends they are wasting money and admitting to a bad mistake. 

...as @tab stated, how does any of that matter? It's McNair's money. It's McNair's reputation if he "admits to a mistake". 

Coaches are fired after extensions every year. Heck, we saw a coach fired DURING an extension negotiation in Mike Mularkey. 

If OB doesn't perform, he's gone. Simple as that, no two ways about it. 

On 1/16/2018 at 6:47 PM, tab said:

-Delete post. I was upset last night. 

Edited by NeptunePenguins