Bill O'Brien Hot Seat Thread

Texansfan713

12 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

... really. Hmm.

The jury is out on whether he can come back the same player he was. Playing with two surgically repaired knees might not be possible for him. He was a running QB and was able to make throws on the run and open up the field because teams feared the run, and he was able to avoid sacks because of his mobility. The jury is out on whether we ever have the same Watson that we had for 6 games. I know he is going to work the problem hard and he is going to be dedicated to rehab and all that, but can he stay healthy for a 10-12 year NFL Career? 2 ACL tears in 4 years suggest he might not be able to. The national Championship suggests that he is. we will have to wait and see. Reports are saying he plans to be full go by training camp. 

11 hours ago, amazingandre said:

Do you think if OB is allowed to stay that he will promote Sean Ryan (qb coach) to OC? He has to acknowledge that he is overwhelmed with both HC and OC duties and that it hurts the team. I think we can all agree he will not hire someone outside his current inner circle. 

Makes the most sense, but doubtful any significant changes are in line. 

26 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

lions fan here.. any chance b.o.b stays with you guys or you think hes gone?? I think Caldwell gets fired and Josh McDaniel's is going to the nyg's.. Bob and bob Quinn are buddies from there NE days.

It's probably the most divisive discussion in this forum:

- Some think he should be fired, no questions asked.

- Some think he's a victim of injuries and shouldn't be fired.

- Some think he's a victim of a bad GM situation and shouldn't be fired/should be fired WITH the GM.

I personally think he's the victim of a bad GM. I wouldn't lose too much sleep if he was fired, but I'd be expecting a similar situation in two years when a hypothetical new HC is hamstrung by a roster that was botched by the GM.

Rick Smith is the problem, not BOB - he ruined the Kubiak regime by letting key guys go and missing on mid round picks, and he's now ruining the BOB regime by letting key guys go and missing on mid round picks. The next guy - don't care WHO it is - would be in the same situation.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21921417/bill-obrien-likely-returning-houston-texans-head-coach-next-season

I hope - REALLY hope - this means O'Brien wins the power struggle vs Rick Smith. I can live with this season (even embrace the losing season) if Smith is gone. 

If both O'Brien and Smith return, I'm seriously questioning whether or not I should follow as intently.

Archived