Aaron Jones

Golfman

I like Aaron. He's a fantastic weapon out of the backfield as both a runner and receiver. That said, this whole "how many RB's can lead their team in rushing and receiving" argument needs to die. He's leading the team in receiving because Davante Adams has missed half the season and the rest of the receiving core is mediocre at best. 

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

I like Aaron. He's a fantastic weapon out of the backfield as both a runner and receiver. That said, this whole "how many RB's can lead their team in rushing and receiving" argument needs to die. He's leading the team in receiving because Davante Adams has missed half the season and the rest of the receiving core is mediocre at best. 

I like your points!

Except the part about arguments needing to die. All sorts of arguments come here to be injected with zombie plasma and slapped against my monitor. muttering "That which is dead can never die."

I think Aaron is a dangerous weapon. His discovery wasn't accidental. Hackett and MLF figured out how to make his skills work to advantage--and yes, perhaps due to necessity brought about by injury. He will stay dangerous until the threat is taken away. But when the defense throws resources at him to remove the threat, it should open up other avenues. Having Adams back amplifies Aaron's dangerousness.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

grain of salt etc...Gute at least making calls

Yes, the Jets talked to several teams about a potential trade for running back Le'Veon Bell
“There was a lot of trade speculations and rumors about, you know, me getting traded obviously from the Jets to other, multiple teams,” Bell said
“And they were actually true. There were times where — I found out from my agent, you know, he had talked to the Jets and things like that. But there were teams like Houston, the Packers, the Kansas City Chiefs, and surprisingly the Steelers, were all in the mix of trying to trade for me.”

There’s not a salt mine big enough for that amount of BS. Maybe it’s feasible Gute called but the chances of the Chiefs seriously inquiring or even more so the Steelers calling is similar to the chances Of the Browns winning the AFC this year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGreatZepp said:

There’s not a salt mine big enough for that amount of BS. Maybe it’s feasible Gute called but the chances of the Chiefs seriously inquiring or even more so the Steelers calling is similar to the chances Of the Browns winning the AFC this year

Bell is just trying to make himself relevant again.  He's not.  No one would be interested in taking on that contract.  Not to mention he's been a total non-factor this year.

3 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Just part of a larger conversation IMO. Probably the one where Adams was discussed. Certainly cant hurt to see what the deal would be. It's public record that Gase didnt want Bell and the GM that snagged him is gone.  The NYJ's are a "dance card" FO. Constantly changing. Never fully accomplishing much of anything.....much to New England's delight. 

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

Bell is just trying to make himself relevant again.  He's not.  No one would be interested in taking on that contract.  Not to mention he's been a total non-factor this year.

Only if you're going off the box score. Nothing has changed with Lev. He is still making guys miss everytime he touches the ball. The Jets OL is just putrid and he is routinely breaking 2-3 tackles just to get back to the LOS. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Aaron Rodgers isn't top 5 at the QB position? I've heard it all now! Ridiculous! 

top 8 QBs by Rating

1. Wilson

2. Mahomes

3. Cousins

4. Watson

5. Stafford.

6. Carr

7. Tannehill 

Rodgers checks in at 8. 

Stats dont tell the entire story, that being said i dont consider Rodgers a top 5 QB anymore. 

Edited by gopackgo247
  • Like 1