Aaron Jones

Golfman

12 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Didn’t see that coming with Bradbury. I thought he was going to be a plug and play rookie. Admittedly, that’s just from reading pundits on him.

He really is hot garbage at this point.  His pass blocking score is truly terrible.  Kenny Clark wedgied him and took his lunch money.  And Clark's PFF score has plummeted since Clark played Bradbury.

To give him credit, he was #34 for all centers after three weeks.  He's climbed up a little since then.

But still, here are his PFF scores...

Bradbury is ranked #28 for all centers now.  Overall score of 51.  28.3 for pass blocking.  56.3 run blocking.  He is the worst ranked center in the league for pass blocking, and that includes guys with limited snaps who were forced to play due to an injury.  29'th in run blocking and that includes those centers who were forced to play a few snaps due to injury.

He's terrible.  

I keep tabs on him because I wanted to test @Outpost31 theories about drafted guards.  I included centers as taking one in the first is a tough thing to do.  And it's showing here.

I'm not saying he's going to be terrible in his career, but this is a very rough first year for him.  Add in that he was their first round pick and it looks worse.

Now...that being said, for an overall score, he does score better than Pouncey in Pittsburgh (which was shocking to me) as well as Kalil for the Jets.  

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You get the cred because you make a 7 paragraph post in caps lock about it, but most of the big time draft followers here know you don't draft an IOL in Rd 1.

Your technique gets you your props though, I'll give you that lol.

I preach to the common man who does not know.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This took me a minute but is oddly poignant

the long vesion ha:

He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool. Shun him.

He who knows not, and knows that he knows not is simple. Teach him.

He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep. Wake him.

He who knows, and knows that he knows is wise. Follow him

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

You get the cred because you make a 7 paragraph post in caps lock about it, but most of the big time draft followers here know you don't draft an IOL in Rd 1.

Your technique gets you your props though, I'll give you that lol.

Lol. Yea that’s pretty true. I won’t cry if an IOL is drafted in round one but it better be after pick 25. 

Don't pay RBs.

But if you do, Jones and Cook are reasonable options given that they produce in the passing game. I'm really impressed with what Jones is doing as a receiver downfield this year.

Statistical analysis of Cook here is misguided without context. He had 444 yards from scrimmage in his first 3.5 games as a rookie -- 3rd in the league behind Hunt and Gurley -- before his ACL tear. He had a hamstring injury early in year 2, missed a month and was on a "pitch count" for another month after coming back.

The 2018 Vikings offense was broken, especially the run game (poor OL performance, terrible scheme/coaching). Stefanski was on staff last year but they didn't have an OL coach after Sparano died, and DeFilippo was completely unable to integrate the run and pass. Cook's limited production there shouldn't be held against him when projecting his future capacity.

The 2019 Vikings offense has everything to do with Gary Kubiak and Rick Dennison, who have a track record of producing top 5 offenses from a bell cow RB1, only-decent OL talent and average-ish QBs. Cook has been great but he's also been able to run through some big holes, and the backup RBs (Mattison, Boone) have had their share of explosive plays too.

Coaching aside, the Vikings OL talent has improved compared to last year with the addition of Bradbury and the development of O'Neill. But I agree they're still not great in general, or as good as the Packers. 

Bradbury got off to a bad start but has played very well the last month.

EHu8tTZWwAAcrAi?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Weeks 1-4
Pass block: 10.0 (32nd of 32 C)
Run block: 45.5 (30th)
Overall: 32.5 (32nd)
1 sack, 1 hit, 11 hurries — 13 pressures
Pass block efficiency 93.7% (32nd)

Weeks 5-8
Pass block: 74.3 (11th)
Run block: 66.7 (7th)
Overall: 70.2 (3rd)
0 sacks, 0 hits, 3 hurries — 3 pressures
PBE 98.8% (8th)

Over the past month, Bradbury's been graded a little better than Elgton Jenkins (who's been very good).  

Edited by Krauser