Week 9: VIKINGS (6-2) at Chiefs (5-3)

swede700

Game 9

NFL_Vikings.gif at     NFL_Chiefs.gif

When:  1:00 PM EST November 3rd

Where: Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City, MO)

TV/Radio: FOX (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Announcers: Kevin Burkhardt, Charles Davis, Pam Oliver

Coverage Map: https://506sports.com/2019/09-FOX-V2.png

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: WR Adam Thielen (hamstring), Doubtful: None, Out: None

Chiefs - Questionable: QB Patrick Mahomes (knee), DE Frank Clark (neck), DT Chris Jones (groin), CB Kendall Fuller (thumb), Doubtful: None, Out: G Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff (ankle), T Eric Fisher (groin), DE Alex Okafor (ankle)

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

giphy.gif

Edited by swede700

Hoping for a big day from Cook.  

I would really like to see Mahomes play, as unrealistic as that is at this point.  I would still like to go against a full on Chiefs team.  Moore is solid and can be formidable with all of that talent around him, but I’d like to see what this current team can do against the upper echelon of clubs in the NFL.  New England, New Orleans, Kansas City, San Francisco, etc.  I honestly think that if Cousins is on, that we can fare pretty well.  

• Like 1

The Chiefs were missing so many players against Green Bay, so the injury report will be crucial to watch this week. I’d love to watch a healthy Mahomes play for the fact that MN won’t see him for four years barring advancement to the Super bowl. However, even if Mahomes can go, he will be hobbled. 

The Chiefs have struggled recently at home so hopefully the Vikes can manage the road game elements as other teams have done.

the key will be generating front four pressure and playing coverage against the Chiefs speed. I don’t think Zimmer will want to lean on having to rush 5 or 6 regularly to generate any sort of a pass rush. There were some big injuries on the Chiefs left side of the Line for KC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

While I'd certainly have liked to see Mahomes at 100% play, I'll take a Vikings win any way it comes, considering I've yet to see them win at Arrowhead (I think this will be my 3rd game there, as I was there in '07 and '11)

They lost those games. You need to stay home.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

They lost those games. You need to stay home.

Hey now, the luck is bound to change.  That '07 game they should have won, but Jared Allen (pre-trade) went off and got a couple of sacks which pretty much killed it.  Of course, we have a better QB now than we had in those 2 games too.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, swede700 said:

You wouldn't think so, but their injuries are taking a toll on them.

Frank Clark and Chris Jones are big ones to keep an eye for sure. I get the feeling that this game will end up being a shootout with both defenses struggling to get off the field.

• Like 1