Week 9: VIKINGS (6-2) at Chiefs (5-3)

swede700

I would love to play against Mahomes, as alive said before.  However, if I was the Chiefs, I would hold him out as long as possible. Until either he is fully healed or our season was on the brink of being lost without him (even then, tough to play a franchise QB like that with an ailing leg injury). I hope we play well regardless of who it is.

Man I’m gonna be honest, I don’t want Adam Thielen going through what Dalvin Cook went through last year with those hammy injuries. Kansas City doesn’t have touch of a good defense and with Cook literally cooking everyone he sees, I think thielen should stay out another week. I believe Moore plays which means we shouldn’t have to worry about any great qb play to score many points. 

Let thielen rest again and let’s beat the chiefs! I’m sure next Sunday thielen will be 100% without wear and tear of practice and contact

• Like 4

On 10/31/2019 at 9:30 AM, JDBrocks said:

I could actually see Abdullah taking on that role. When they have split a back wide, I seem to recall him taking that role most often. That might also make it less obvious. Either way, I agree with the notion.

I'd prefer it be Cook outside and then Mattison in the backfield. Think that would give us the most dynamic formation. Abdullah can maintain his spell role.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I'd prefer it be Cook outside and then Mattison in the backfield. Think that would give us the most dynamic formation. Abdullah can maintain his spell role.

I agree on the premise that this would get the most dynamic personnel on the field. I was just thinking that Abdullah frequently does this already, and it would be a new wrinkle from a typical Vikings personnel package.

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

I was just thinking that Abdullah frequently does this already, and it would be a new wrinkle from a typical Vikings personnel package.

Has he frequently done it for us? Guy has the ability but maybe I've been blind but I haven't seen him in the slot at all this year. Guy has 8 touches all year.

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

Has he frequently done it for us? Guy has the ability but maybe I've been blind but I haven't seen him in the slot at all this year. Guy has 8 touches all year.

Yeah. When they go empty backfield with a back, it's been Abdullah out there, as far as I can remember.

13 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

Yes. 

Me too.  Only way that game is watchable is if Mark Rypien and Jim Kelly play quarterback.  Otherwise it's another Sunday watching Redzone.

22 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

I’ll put a bet out that the Redskins win this one surprisingly.  Bills are still reeling from that loss to the Eagles.  I could see them dropping two in a row before getting back to their recent success.  

Anyone in?  

No.  Washington is so inept, not even they can beat the Bills.  They barely even beat the Dolphins.  The Bills will crush them.  

6 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

Man I’m gonna be honest, I don’t want Adam Thielen going through what Dalvin Cook went through last year with those hammy injuries. Kansas City doesn’t have touch of a good defense and with Cook literally cooking everyone he sees, I think thielen should stay out another week. I believe Moore plays which means we shouldn’t have to worry about any great qb play to score many points. 

Let thielen rest again and let’s beat the chiefs! I’m sure next Sunday thielen will be 100% without wear and tear of practice and contact

You may get your wish, as Thielen is still wearing a wrap in practice.  I'd be somewhat surprised to see him active on Sunday.  I think they'll wait until the last possible moment to decide.  It's supposed to be upper 40s here at game-time, which may make it a little difficult for him to warm up the hamstring enough to loosen it.