Giorgio Tavecchio - Best K debut ever?

RaidersAreOne

Janikowski was out on IR with a herniated disk, so enter Giorgio Tavecchio. A Kicker the Raiders have had in camp for the past three years. Today was his first actual regular season action and look how he performed:

• 4/4 on FG's
  • Two 52 yarders
  • One 43 yards
  • One 20 yarder
  • 2/2 on XP

Keep in mind the Raider/Tennesse game was close up until the last minutes too so there was a lot of pressure to nail them. If he keeps this up, there is no way we activated Jano off IR and his career may be done.

I don't think this is splitting hairs, but how was his returns-against performance (you know, the other aspect of a kicker's game that is, especially in tight games, just as important).  I bring this up because Greg Zuerlein's debut (as an actual rookie) was 3/3 on FG's (48, 29, and 46), 2 extra points put through, and only a 9.5 YPA against him on all game long (including 4 touchbacks) in a similarly tight game away at Detroit.

Tavecchio certainly has an impressive debut, but if he had average return-against numbers, I'd have to consider Legatron's debut to be at least as impressive, if not a tad bit more.

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I don't think this is splitting hairs, but how was his returns-against performance (you know, the other aspect of a kicker's game that is, especially in tight games, just as important).  I bring this up because Greg Zuerlein's debut (as an actual rookie) was 3/3 on FG's (48, 29, and 46), 2 extra points put through, and only a 9.5 YPA against him on all game long (including 4 touchbacks) in a similarly tight game away at Detroit.

Tavecchio certainly has an impressive debut, but if he had average return-against numbers, I'd have to consider Legatron's debut to be at least as impressive, if not a tad bit more.

I'll never forget that 56 Yarder he kicked in Chicago with massive wind..

the analyst were saying it was equal to kicking a 63+ yarder. 

Archived