Colts Jets Draft Trade Revisited.

seriously27

Ballard and Jets like similar players

Former Colts currently on Jets roster 

-DE Henry Anderson (2018 draft day trade/7th rd pick LB Zaire Franklin) 

-CB Nate Hairston (trade/2020 6th round pick) 

-C Jonotthan Harrison (free agent/contract expired)

-S Mattias Farley (free agent/cleared waivers)

-LS Thomas Hennessy (trade/S Ronald Martin) 

9 hours ago, Howler said:

Secondly, what could he have done with those picks? LOL

EH-rIalX0AY4eQX.jpg

This is pretty ridiculous, how they have wasted those 3rd round picks. The smart teams are making decisions to let pro bowl talent walk just so they can get those bottom of the 3rd round comp picks and the Jets are quitting on theirs after an offseason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

This is pretty ridiculous, how they have wasted those 3rd round picks. The smart teams are making decisions to let pro bowl talent walk just so they can get those bottom of the 3rd round comp picks and the Jets are quitting on theirs after an offseason.

More like our last gm was terrible at drafting and set this franchise back.

I cant say anything about the current fo cause they are new. The jets fired everyone in the fo for a reason. 

Hopefully joe Douglas at gm, with a revamped scouting department, they can become better drafters. I see Douglas addressing holes that maccagnan ignored for years.  

Thats why adding picks for some players is important,  we need as many picks as possible and to have good cap space for fa.

We legit need 5 new starters on the ol. In all my years watching football,  ive never seen a worse unit than what im seeing now. Constantly missing blocks, letting free guys hit the qb. Making a elite rb make magic for 2 yards. 

Im not even sure if its Gase thats causinh the issues, but the ol is pathetic.  One fact is, maccagnan has ignored the ol all 5 years he was here and its showing now.

20 hours ago, seriously27 said:

Colts Received:

• OG Quenton Nelson
  • OT Braden Smith
  • DE Kemoko Turay
  • RB Jordan Wilkins 
  • CB Rock Ya-Sin

Jets Received:

• QB Sam Darnold 

All that list shows is 1 All Pro OG and 4 JAGS vs a Potential  FBQ. Not sure what's actually lopsided about the trade other than 4 extra roster spots?

Right now, Q is head and Shoulders better then Darnold and that's not debatable. However Sam could easily become a FQB and if that indeed happens,  Jets win!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

All that list shows is 1 All Pro OG and 4 JAGS vs a Potential  FBQ. Not sure what's actually lopsided about the trade other than 4 extra roster spots?

Right now, Q is head and Shoulders better then Darnold and that's not debatable. However Sam could easily become a FQB and if that indeed happens,  Jets win!

I understand what you are saying but Smith is not just a JAG. He isn't a future HOF or anything but Smith and Turay and Sin are starters for us. I think finding 4 starters and our third down back makes this trade pretty lopsided at this point in time. I understand the need for a QB but....the colts are 5 and 2 with a team that isn't considered to have a qb of the future on it because they value draft picks.  Its not debatable whether you need a good qb. 

I would debate the idea that you need that qb first.