Kenyan Drake traded to the Cards

flyguy1609

20 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Walton with Ballage in relief 

Emphasize relief.....Ballage has been reduced to pure GL back.    Ballage is literally the absolutely worst RB I've seen play who's received significant snap shares by choice in the last 5-10 years.   Zero vision, zero elusiveness, zero hands, and zero football IQ.    I think Myles Gakin is JAG, but he's likely to take the backup role in 2020, or more likely, MIA drafts a cheap rookie RB to pair with Walton next year.   

I know the team sucks, but gamescript makes a 70-75 percent owner of that timeshare really valuable.  Drake-Walton splitting all the non-GL work was making it non-viable, but now a clear guy makes the position very relevant for 2019.   Walton has between-tackles ability, and is a terrific pass catcher and outstanding blocker (so he'll stay on pass downs and the 2-minute drill, as well as the green zone).  He could easily be a top 12 RB in PPR for the ROS, given how much garbage time MIA gets into.   Hope ppl got on board a while ago.

Edited by Broncofan

I guess it works for both teams. He was going to be a FA next year so Miami got a pick out of a player they were going to let go anyways. 

Drake wasn't happy here, but we also didn't really utilize him that well. He didn't get enough carries, especially under Gase. But at the same, Drake can be frustrating because he will always try to go for the home run by dancing and lose yards instead of just hitting the hole and getting 5-6 yards. And he always seems to fumble at the wrong time. 

Miami has Walton, Ballage, and Laird (who was good in Preseason - I want to see him play). 

Cardinals are getting a play maker if they use him right. But they are taking a risk by giving up a pick for a guy who may leave after this year. 

Edited by Lilseb93