Current State of the Franchise

SmittyBacall

5 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Seahawks cut LB Dakota Watson to make room for Gordon.  Remember thinking he was alright in college, no clue how he is now.  Can't be worse than our current LBs...

A linebacker anyone thought was good once?  We can't have more than two of those. Sounds like a good add.

17 hours ago, theJ said:

He's not wrong. I don't think I'll ever see Cincy win a championship. Which sucks. But whatever. 

I certainly hope to outlive Mike Brown. The team can't win a championship under his ownership. I still have a little hope that Katie doesn't consider herself a football genius and would prefer to make more money with a good Bengals team than play fantasy football. 

11 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Pretty much the last person  who's opinion matter's  is that guy.  Raiders are a great organization?  Sweet. Enjoy watching guys wirj no where near your talent get in the hof.

He's not wrong, but man he's such a jerk.

Also, the right QB/HC combo can change everything.  NE was considered a joke of a franchise before Tom Brady/Bill changed everything.  Seattle had some decent runs here and there until Russ took over.  NO was another up and down team until Drew Brees stabilized them.  You could argue that GB runs their organization the same way as the Bengals - difference is they have a HOF talent at QB.  

We all thought maybe Carson was that guy.  And maybe he was until that game in January of '06, but he certainly wasn't in the years that counted.  Andy wasn't that guy.  Maybe the next guy will be.

12 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Pretty much the last person  who's opinion matter's  is that guy.  Raiders are a great organization?  Sweet. Enjoy watching guys wirj no where near your talent get in the hof.

I mean, he's kind of right.

I'd rather foolishly give Gruden $100 million, and hire Mayock as a GM than have what we have currently. At least they're trying.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 5:45 PM, SmittyBacall said:

Zero lies.  Bengals are not desperate to win.  It's the same thing we've all said one way or the other...

8 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I mean, he's kind of right.

I'd rather foolishly give Gruden $100 million, and hire Mayock as a GM than have what we have currently. At least they're trying.

Really.  You would rather be stupid than outdated?  Because that was stupid. Raiders are way behind us in any realistic rebuild.