Sign in to follow this  
SmittyBacall

Current State of the Franchise

43 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

They better start Glenn against Baltimore.

Haha yeah right

I'm sure his concussion symptoms will come back a few days before the game.  Mine sure would.

17 hours ago, theJ said:

I can't wait to hear about how the Bengals were offered a 2nd round pick for Cordy, but just couldn't make it happen before the deadline.  It will make for nice post-dinner reading tonight.

Take everything you know about Glenn this year and last and imagine the Bengals trading a 2nd for him.  You'd be furious.  Odds are high the best offer they got were conditional late round picks.

I expected someone like Cleveland offered a late pick for Glenn. But the Bengals probably turned it down.

19 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

I wish I didn't like this team so much.. they are just a mess  

They're starting to lose me.  I haven't watched much in the last couple of years, but i actually found myself rooting for the Steelers on Monday night.  I cared more about my survivor pick than the Bengals.

I just can't identify with the way they run this team.  They're embarrassing.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I expected someone like Cleveland offered a late pick for Glenn. But the Bengals probably turned it down.

And there's no way Mikey would ever do that, unless there was a devious plan at hand.  Still holds the grudge with Modell, and associates it with Cleveland instead of the ravens for some reason.

I've barely watched this year, but that's largely a factor of coaching my kids youth sports.  I'm a lifer, and while they aren't getting much of my money or eyeballs for ad revenue, they'll always have my attention.

Yes. who knows when Green will return. Gordon should finally hit free agency after this season so we could get a comp pick for him. That ought to perk MB's interest.

3 hours ago, BengalsBite said:

Would you put a claim in for Josh Gordon? We have the 2nd wavier wire priority behind Miami 

Nah. Maybe 5 years ago, but he's not the same guy anymore. Green should be back next week, then with Boyd and Tate they're good with their starting three. The other WRs need to play STs, so there's really no room for him. 

13 hours ago, BengalsBite said:

Would you put a claim in for Josh Gordon? We have the 2nd wavier wire priority behind Miami 

No thanks. He's living off his name at this point. Not the guy he once was.