Leonard Williams Traded to Giants for a 3rd and a 2021 5th

Sapo28

Remember when people sat in this forum saying the Quinnen William's pick was a great pick and to trust big Macs process

And I said specifically this would just mean were going to trade one of these guys for less than first round top ten value and it was a waste of a pick? 

Well....that's exactly what happened. 

• Like 1

Just now, NJerseypaint said:

I'm with Bobby. I'm not happy about this, but I'm not crying about it either. We just opened another hole and are signalling that we're done trying for the year.

Wonder what this does for player morale. Can't be good.

We didn't really open another hole though. Quinnen was loosing snaps to leo and the position we have most depth at is DL. 

• Like 1

I think this move will help Q

Not only more snaps, but now he doesn't have Leo around to learn from, which is basically stand around and do nothing

Didn't need that laziness rubbing off on him

Edited by Abe56

6 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Rotation is still a big part of the game. Q has yet to record a sack, so I don't know why he deserves more reps.

True, but a big part of the game is also learning from experience and getting comfortable, especially as a rookie and there's no better way to do that than in game reps. Also we can still rotate with the depth we have which is one of the few talented positions we have. 

Just now, ekill08x said:

Turns into a 2021 4th if he stays with Giants. Stay. We need to equity to rebuild the next two years. 

And you know they're not going to let him go unless he totally flames out in the final half of the season. They'll franchise tag him if they can't get a deal done. 

Jets had to make this trade. The best they could've gotten was a 2021 comp pick if we let him walk, but even that would've been unlikely because we'll likely be spenders again. Instead, the Jets likely get a high 3rd and a 4th in 2021. 

They got enough value, but it's really going to suck when he plays like a stud for the next 3-5 years for the cross-town rival. 

• Like 2