DE Leonard Williams traded to Giants for a 3rd, future 5th

Acgott

48 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

This sets up another trade if u ask me. U give up a draft pick to get rid of another guy who will be getting u a draft pick .. ie. Janoris Jenkins.

Besides from the common veterans being mentioned, dalvin Tomlinson was added by one of the beats 

5 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

I cant see this as a rental player. to me this signals a long term deal with the hope of him being an anchor of some type in our defence

Even if the Giants don't resign him they will get a comp pick for him.  Probably a third.  I personally like the deal  You give up a third this year, which you'll get back in comp for from having Collins leave.  Give him 8 games see if he fits.   If he does, great, re-sign him.  If he doesn't than you let him walk and get a 3rd round comp pick.  

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

Even if the Giants don't resign him they will get a comp pick for him.  Probably a third.  I personally like the deal  You give up a third this year, which you'll get back in comp for from having Collins leave.  Give him 8 games see if he fits.   If he does, great, re-sign him.  If he doesn't than you let him walk and get a 3rd round comp pick.  

Wow I completely forgot about the Collins comp pick. Man u guys are good.

• Like 1

It is a brilliant move if we can sign him. It makes me wonder what the Jets don't like about him. They refused to do any type of trade with us two years ago when it came to moving up in the draft to get their franchise QB, now they are willing to do a trade with us? A 3rd round comp pick will lessen the damage a little, but the way this season is going our 3rd pick is going to be in the top 10, while a comp pick (I believe still) comes after everyone else 3rd round picks that is not a comp pick.