Week 9 GDT - Arizona Cardinals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

With this being an early week game, figured I'd get this up and going.

So that was fun.....I expected it to be closer, but when I made my prediction, I had us winning by 10+ points as I just feel like this is a special team. No need to even overthink it anymore against certain teams.

I'm actually curious to see how we defend the spread looks that Arizona will give us. A different type of offense than we have faced thus far. Also curious to see how we do against a mobile QB and it is good preparation for us when we face the Seahawks/Ravens later in the season. 

Looks like there is hope that Staley will return and I sure the hell hope so as Chandler Jones is going to wreck havoc against Skule if he is not back. The Cardinals have actually played competitive ball coming into yesterday where the Saints just pulled away in the 2nd half. 

I don't think we will be seeing a 51-13 type of game and because the game is on Thursday, it is likely to be a bit low scoring, but we should win something 27-10 or 27-13. 

• Like 1

I'm interested in this game as well basically because of what you said with the mobile QB's. I think Murray is talented but he's going to get super overwhelmed.Again, great test for Wilson and Jackson later on. 

Staley will be welcomed. I'm assuming Juice will come back against Seattle?

I agree with your scores. 

• Like 1

Couple of key stats to think about:

• 400 & 28: Cardinals D is giving up over 400 yards a game and 28 points a game. This defense needs to prepare for an offense that no one but mother nature has been able to slow down. 
  • 4: Cardinals have the fewest giveaways in the NFL with 4. We may actually lose the turnover battle in this game as Jimmy G has been good for one bad INT per game. 
  • 71.2 & 20: Cardinals D has the 3rd high pass completion percentage in the NFL and has given up the most passing TD's in the NFL. Is this the week we see the passing game lead the charge?
  • 64: Cardinals O is pretty much league average in passing, rushing, and points. But, has the 4th most offensive penalties in the NFL.

My thoughts on this matchup:

• Who's running the ball for the Cards? Will Drake be ready to go by Thursday? If not, it may be the Alfred Morris show if Johnson and Edmonds are out
  • Forcing Murray to think. Just like Baker on MNF, Murray needs to think about what's happening in front of him and not be given the opportunity to hit his first read each time. 
  • The Redwoods. Buckner, Armstead, J. Taylor. All of these guys are at least 6'6. Flood the interior will these guys so Murray can't see anything in the middle of the field without rolling out to either Bosa or Ford. 
  • Hold the line for one more game. I don't believe Staley will play this week. I think he will be back for Monday night against the Seahawks, so Brunskill needs to hold the line for one more game. 

5 minutes ago, 49ers2015 said:

I hope Jimmy has a huge game just to shut up the doubters. I mean he hasn't needed to do everything. A big game will help here though to quiet those peeps. 

A big game against the Cardinals won't do much, but if he lights it up on MNF against the Seahawks? Then that will quiet the the noise.......until we face the Packers and Saints lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

A big game against the Cardinals won't do much, but if he lights it up on MNF against the Seahawks? Then that will quiet the the noise.......until we face the Packers and Saints lol. 

Truth! I mean I looked up Aikman's stats during those SB years.....not all that staggering. People just need to let up..lol. 

The Cards are terrible on defense. The offense is efficient when they get to their first read. Sit on short routes and force Kyler to see the field. HE is quick to get out of the pocket so discipline on the edges and collapsing the middle is important. 

Still should not be a huge test. Big games for Kittle and Sanders

34-6 49ers

11 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Even if he dominated the tog dogs, he would still have to face the 96 Bulls before chirping simmers a little.

12 hours ago, 49ers2015 said:

I hope Jimmy has a huge game just to shut up the doubters. I mean he hasn't needed to do everything. A big game will help here though to quiet those peeps. 

Let the people talk. It does nothing to this team. 

We've lost too many games in the last two years to care about what people say about us. 

Garoppolo plays his best in crunch time. The guy is the definition of clutch. This guy is absolute money on third down. 

I say, let the doubters try to put as much pressure on him as they want. He's gonna come out looking straight diamondsss 

I am actually somewhat concerned this week. I've just seen Russel Wilson pull the rabbit out of his hat too many times against us and Kyle seems to be cut from the same cloth. I hate short weeks on the road too. Can always get weird. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I didn't know Murray is on pace to be sacked 50 plus times. The 49ers defensive line should feast even on a short week, and on the road. Also, Arizona apparently has the least turnovers in the NFL. Wouldn't have expected that.  

I'm looking for Dee Ford to be a game wrecker. He only played 20 out of the total 68 snaps on Sunday. He should be rested and ready to chase down Murray. Bosa on the other hand, was pretty gassed after Sunday and played a lot. I wouldn't be surprised to see Blair get his fair share of snaps on Thursday. 

Let's hope for another blowout to continue resting starters in the 4th quarter.